NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

BRAKE LINE QUESTION

SLAMMER

Is this cosmetic? I sure can't imagine that the end is held on by this plastic sleeve/boot. I will order a new pair but won't get them mailed to me by Friday. If it's cosmetic and poses no real safety risk as I'm ASSUMING I'll change them next week when I put my street pads and tires back on. SLAMMER

Is this cosmetic? I sure can't imagine that the end is held on by this plastic sleeve/boot. I will order a new pair but won't get them mailed to me by Friday. If it's cosmetic and poses no real safety risk as I'm ASSUMING I'll change them next week when I put my street pads and tires back on. SLAMMER

post-1350-0-75348400-1386804452_thumb.jp

post-1350-0-72699900-1386804629_thumb.jp

I thinks its a form of strain relief or Anti-Kink feature to prevent where the braided and Press on part meet.

^^^^^ I concur ^^^^^^ Looks like strain relief to me. Probably not a huge worry under normal driving but HPDE type braking might prove otherwise

Oh go for it, what's another brake line fire among friends?

Greg, your too funny!! The past fire at Inde was a transmission fitting that blew off the lower radiator. Tranny fluid ignited by hot headers. As soon as I shut off the motor the fire went out.

I called the manufacture of the steel braided lines on my car. They confirmed my suspicions. It is just cosmetic covering.

Thanks all,

SLAMMER

post-1350-0-07269400-1386811179_thumb.jp

Oh go for it, what's another brake line fire among friends?

Greg, your too funny!! The past fire at Inde was a transmission fitting that blew off the lower radiator. Tranny fluid ignited by hot headers. As soon as I shut off the motor the fire went out.

I called the manufacture of the steel braided lines on my car. They confirmed my suspicions. It is just cosmetic covering.

Thanks all,

SLAMMER

Brake line, transmission line, it's all pretty much the same type of fluid. Race in Peace my son.