NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

What should the cost be?

quadracr

So I am checking on the expense to have some parts painted. I was blown away at the cost. I was quoted 2300.00 to paint the hood, targa, halo and the rear spoiler. Mind you this is with me taking them off and doing the bodywork to prep for painting.

All they had to do was paint, clear, color sand and buff. For that much I'll pay for some booth time myself.

Agreed. I got quotes from $800-1500 just to paint my hood. No prep, no fitment, take them the hood and spray the top of it silver. That is why I'll just wrap the whole car for $1800-2000.

I think they hear Corvette and cha ching goes off in their head. I bet if I just took the parts in and said they were off of a Camaro they'd be like 500 bucks...lol

Who have you contacted so far? Have you called Elite automotive finishes' yet? also not to hijack but if your still looking for an exhaust I have a GHL take off here off an 07 base vette.

It was through a custom hot rod shop, not one that has been mentioned here before. I will give some of the others a call but Unreal has had the same experience as I think I am going to have.

I might try some "local" paint shops to see what kind of estimates that I get. Otherwise I will call some of the Paint Suppliers and find out what materials I will need and the quantities and shoot it myself. I know how to paint, I just need help with the formulation and I damn sure don't cost 100 per hour.

Elite was the most reasonable for a "recommended" real shop. I also got quotes in the $300-400 range of people doing it in their garage. Not sure if I trust those people though so I'm enjoying my ricer CF hood for now. Classic gold was the worst and absolutely crazy on the price.

I would be surprised if your material costs to do it yourself is less than $300 using quality material. Primer/ sealer, base and clear with reducers and catalyst. And then you have to hope it is a good color match.

The base to paint the 71 was $650 a gallon. Clear was $200. This + the activator, reducer and catalyst.