NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

[99] Check Engine Light Came On - Ran Through Dtcs But Not Sure What I'm Looking At

Togo

i have the following DTC codes

10 PCM P0151 H (HO2S Circuit Low Voltage)

28 TCS C1255 H (DTC C1255 or C1256 - ECU Malfunction)

40 BCM B2578 H (Right Front Turn Signal Monitor Circuit)

B2583 H (Left Front Turn Signal Monitor Circuit)

B2721 H (PASS-Key Detection Circuit)

B2723 H (PASS-Key Detection Circuit)

58 SDM 1096 H (i don't recall if there was a letter preceding this)

B0 RFA U1096 H (DTC U1001-U1254 - Lost Communication with XXX)

U1064 H

U 1016 H

C2120 H C (this one i read somewhere it is tire pressure sensors? which is OK because i have none)

when my check engine light came on last night, there were no messages on the DIC saying there was a malfunction somewhere

is the "self diagnostice" enough to determine what is wrong in this case, or am i gonna need some sort of a scanner or something to determine what cuased it?

should i reset and see which ones come back as C rather than H so i may be able to determine what is causing the problem?

and will this "reset" of the DTC codes actually reset the check engine light?

I would reset them... The codes with a H are history codes, the codes with a C are current codes. The ECU probably lost connection with the PCM and tossed a bunch of codes.

resetting the codes will turn off the check engine light.

I would reset them... The codes with a H are history codes, the codes with a C are current codes. The ECU probably lost connection with the PCM and tossed a bunch of codes.

resetting the codes will turn off the check engine light.

Thanks Glenn - i'll reset them tonight and drive it tomorrow to test

Chris, I wonder if this could be related to your heater core leak. The BCM is behind the passenger foot board. Wonder if you might have gotten some fluid down there causing all of this.

It might surprise all of you if you pull the codes on your DIC. There are sometimes H (history) codes that you aren't aware are still there. I had codes left from the accident mine was in. My guess is the body shop had no idea how to reset them.

How true!!! I ran the list last night and only found one page of alarms related to the drivers door some @#$# in a van took out. :toetap I have cleared them all except c1232 LF wheelopen or short. No A/C codes although it does not work at all now. :huh

well, i cleared all the codes this morning, and drive it to moms house - and no codes came back up yet - not even the TPS errors i had to clear every time i started the car. i'll monitor those, hopefully they go away permanently!

Guest SrbijaAZSale

If they do not, check the main harness on the driver's side frame. I will take a picture of it if you need to. It made ALL of mine disappear. It was grimey, dirty and rusted. Cleaned up the connections, and voila, no more check engine lights.