NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Paint Shops?

GoNSyco

Just wondering where you guys go for paint work? I just got a check from my insurance agent for 300 bucks and expects me to repaint, the front bumper, rear fascia (sp), hood, and headlight cover. Now my deductible is 500 bucks so they actually estimated it out to be $800. Does that seem right for it to be done correctly? I really don't know paint work and what it costs. I'm also kinda nervous about just repainting those panels and not having it match the rest of the car. What would you guys do? This is from the damage that I posted a few weeks ago.

Call my buddy Scott at Can-Am Constructors. He did an awesome job matching the paint on the GTO. They do fiberglass work and they do an amazing job.

480/443.1707 is his number

Andrew

$300 to do that won't cover it for sure, even $800 seems a bit on the low side for doing a vette. If you live in the east valley, Crown Collision does very nice work and they do a lot of high end cars, but it will cost you.

The head painter is Sean and they only use Sata 2000 digital sprayguns like mine... :thumbs Kevin is one of the owners, nice guy. Just my :2cents Good luck!!

BTW: What insurance company is it?

The agent said if it comes out more then they will cover the rest, but I don't know why they even bothered writing the check. It says on the estimate that it's a repaint. They only estimate it out to 40 bucks an hour though for labor. I'm pretty sure any good painting place charges more than 40/hr? I'm with Allstate. I live out in Queen Creek.

$40 an hour is pretty cheap labor for a body shop to work on a vette or for any car for the matter. I hear Macko and Earl Shibe does it for $40 though... :ack Don't the Chevy Stealerships charge $80+ hr just work work on cars?

Crap! I was at Crown today talking to Sean and another painter about an issue I had had with the Sikkens system I'm using on my vette and forgot to ask what they charge. :blush: