First airaid C5 intake is here

joe@cpr.com

So we let the guys at airaid use a stock c5 intake box to develop a new cold air... I know right super saturated market so why do it. Well they wanted to and I discussed with them the short comings of some brands and the pro's of others. Basically used Halltech as the bench mark. Well after a few months they came up with this bad boy and gave us the first production unit for display. I will say I am very impressed with mainly the new air bridge and the quality of materials used. This will be shortly followed up w/ a redesign of the LS3/7 cold air per some discussions with them about what we felt were some downfalls over suggesting theirs over the halltech brand. Look for that one soon as well :) If any of you C5 guy's want to come check this thing out in person feel free to stop in and if you like it we can get you setup quickly. No official pricing on these yet so I am sorry for not being able to say it yet.

Pictured is how it looks all laid out. It comes very well packed in the airaid box btw.

post-1028-0-09247300-1385000790_thumb.jp

So whats the difference from the Air Raid and the Blackwing intake? They look about the same.

:agree Exactly my first thought....except this one has an airbridge.

I have a Blackwing on my c5 and the filter on the Airaid is bigger and as noted the air bridge is a nice touch over the factory unit. If you have a cold air already absolutely no point in switching.

• 2 weeks later...
Crash Test Dummy

Air-raid had my car run some dynos yesterday on my stock LS3 with NPP exhaust and it put down some great numbers. Final test next week and I will post up all the info. I cant wait to get their new product to wake up my Vette.

Air-raid had my car run some dynos yesterday on my stock LS3 with NPP exhaust and it put down some great numbers. Final test next week and I will post up all the info. I cant wait to get their new product to wake up my Vette.

Sweet! did keith get in touch w/ you?

I was thinking that about the Blackwing as well. Granted I am using a K&N Air Bridge and the Icebox that fits the Blackwing. This looks quite nice though, if I ever need to change I will.

Crash Test Dummy

Sweet! did keith get in touch w/ you?

Yeah, he has been out a few times and had the car at the shop, new Carbonfiber CAI is almost complete.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.