Need some touch up Paint

Big Tom

Well, I finally got around to putting a coat of Polish on the car after my trip and what I thought was a spot "That would Buff out" turns out to be a chip through the Bra and the paint. I haven't had a car that I cared to "touch up in years, can you still get the bottles with the brush. to touch up something like this? Do I have to remove the Bra to fix it?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Holy Crap, what did you hit, a volkswagon???

I don't know if the bra will have to come off or not but contact Joe at Classic Gold and they can mix up a little bottle to match your car.

Semi changed lanes in front of me on I40 and kicked up a pile of gravel. Car had no chance to evade. Got a few small specks in the windshield and hood also.

I guess the clear bra isn;t always the perfect solution, I didn;t put one on because I don't like the muted shine.

We just drive it and if it gets chippied we'll live with it.

Holy Crap, what did you hit, a volkswagon???

...perhaps an antler, like from a deer?

This only happens to orange vette's :)

The dealers are the only place I have found to have it. It has been a while since I bought it. O'reillys maybe stocking the colors now.

That sux for sure, but I know the feeling, I got a few chips on mine right after I finished painting mine following a couple ACE Z0s on a run to Canyon lake. Ugh! Oh well, nothing that I can't fix again...at some point. :bannana4:

• 2 weeks later...

Come by, gimmie a call at the shop.. I'll get my bro to mix you up sum touch up... On the house! 480-967-2521 Joe

Well I swung by to let Joe and his Bro take a look. Turns out to be the best 88 Mile ride I've taken lately. The white marks turned out to be the adhesive from the clear bra and not chips in the paint. Thanks Guys, I owe you one...,

Joe and Michael are the only place I'd go. I hear people say it's too far, my insurance co sent me to this place or any number of other excuses but they're making a big mistake!

Good news Tom, glad to hear it wasn't worse, and I agree with Eddie, I'll do the 100 miles to go to Classic Gold anyday!

I'll give you a B+ for pointing, nice form, and accurate indication to the item of interest.

Next time DON'T actually touch the item, finger prints will get you shunned at any of Larry's car shows....

Good news Tom, glad to hear it wasn't worse, and I agree with Eddie, I'll do the 100 miles to go to Classic Gold anyday!

I'll give you a B+ for pointing, nice form, and accurate indication to the item of interest.

Next time DON'T actually touch the item, finger prints will get you shunned at any of Larry's car shows....

Damn, learn something new every day. At least the prints wipe right off of the Bra..

Don't worry Tom, we all start out pointing like little girls, you'll get better as you age!

Nice to meet ya Tom.. I love the GS! Awesome car that has no chips, who's better than you?!?! See ya around, thanks for the kudos everyone!