NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Wheels spacers for C5 corvette

PhlH20s

I recently purchased chrome Grand sport wheels for my C5. I think the rear wheels need to be spaced out. How far out can I go with stock wheel studs. I would like to go out 1 inch. Where should I get them? Thanks.

We carry the hub adapters to properly do it. I had those with my wide body before getting 12'' wide wheels. Over 1/4'' and I would get longer arp wheel studs. If you want to call the shop today I can easily explain it over the phone 480-359-5914

DRM also carries spacers and longer studs.

take note, installing longer studs is not easy because you have to remove the hub to do so.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for your replies. All were very helpful. No I don't have a Wide body on my C5. I had 18 inch Z06 wheels on rear and I went to 19 inch Grandsport. I didn't pay attention to wheel width like I should have and it seems te GS wheels do not come out as far as the Z06 wheels.

I recently purchased chrome Grand sport wheels for my C5. I think teh rear wheels need to be spaced out. How far out can I go with stock wheel studs. I would like to go out 1 inch. Where should I get them? Thanks.

I would recommend bolt on wheel adapters. They tend to be hubcentic and safer because they are billet aluminum. You won't have to change teh studs with these types of adapters. They do cost more but worth teh piece of mind. You can get them through any Corvette specialty shop like Ecklers, Mid America or Corvette Central. They come in a wide range of widths.

Michael has them for his c4 and has never had an issue.

A~

EDIT:

Don't know how to spell "Teh"....

I recently purchased chrome Grand sport wheels for my C5. I think teh rear wheels need to be spaced out. How far out can I go with stock wheel studs. I would like to go out 1 inch. Where should I get them? Thanks.

I would recommend bolt on wheel adapters. They tend to be hubcentic and safer because they are billet aluminum. You won't have to change teh studs with these types of adapters. They do cost more but worth teh piece of mind. You can get them through any Corvette specialty shop like Ecklers, Mid America or Corvette Central. They come in a wide range of widths. Michael has them for his c4 and has never had an issue. A~ EDIT: Don't know how to spell "Teh"....
Very high tolererances and even polish up beautifully.

• 2 weeks later...

Have used spacers on the Porsche for a few years , make sure they are the bolt on kind as suggested in the other post.