Holy 70's Batman, my Vette came with an 8 Track!

3,503 lbs of trouble

3,503 lbs of trouble

:eek: Wow! Late last year there was a thread in CF C3 Gen about a lady at GM who would send you a copy of your C3's original dealer invoice if you dropped her an e-mail. I though "Yea right, :huh: all those records were lost in some fire of something..." Still, I figured WTF, so I e-mailed her. Sure enough, I got a letter from GM with a copy of the invoice!! What a trip! :crazy:

Vic Potamkin Chevrolet, Miami Beach FL paid $10,030.78 for my car. It was shipped to them on 9/28/1978.

Wish it still had it's 8 track stereo :lol: Says it had a power antenna. Hmmm. :huh: Wonder where that went. Oh well...

Damn, this letter made my day! Now I know what the missing half of my tank sticker listed. Too bad I'm selling the car. At least there is a record of how the car was originally fitted.

Seems as of 3/1 GM has decided to charge $50.00 for this info. I'd guess since the word got out on the CF about this they probably got swamped with requests. At least mine was free!

The sad part is it appears these dealer invoice records only go back to the '77 model year. Guess the cloud of doubt will continue to hang over all those big blocks...

Have you ever wondered how it got from FL to AZ? Was the previous owner able to give you any history? Just in case you weren't aware, you can go to MVD and get a title history on the vehicle. It gives you every "titled" owner since it got to AZ. Then you can write to the state previous to AZ and work back that way. Most states will give the information to the current registered owner. Probably not worth your time or effort if you're selling it but just a point of interest. :)

3,503 lbs of trouble
Have you ever wondered how it got from FL to AZ? Was the previous owner able to give you any history? Just in case you weren't aware, you can go to MVD and get a title history on the vehicle. It gives you every "titled" owner since it got to AZ. Then you can write to the state previous to AZ and work back that way. Most states will give the information to the current registered owner. Probably not worth your time or effort if you're selling it but just a point of interest. :)

Mine came with an 8-track and the POS was still in there when I got it from CNV.

I yanked it out and put in a real radio with CD player, and even cut up the dash to do it. It was my first "mod" and the first step away from NCRS and towards the dark side.

3,503 lbs of trouble
8 track...thats like for 4 trains right? Dwayne help me out on this one can you?