UPDATE: 11/8 Fixed! - Need suggestion - house paint transfer

DRYHEAT

I did not back the car out of the garage quite enough when I hit the close button for the automatic door. The garage door left several streaks of latex house paint on the lower lip (painted/clear coat) of the C6 coupe.

Posted Image
I don't want to be too aggressive with chemicles/rubbing compound so I thought I wouls ask before I F'd something up. TIA

UPDATE:

I finally decided to take the car to the A.C.E. Detail Ace: Ted "Crazy Shine" Yoder! (I want to thank Extender32 for your generous offer!) This turned out to be a very good move; Ted IS the man! I initially thought (after careful CSI-type flashlight inspection) that I had done more damage to the C6's paint than just the latex garage door paint transfer... I feared I was going to need a painter. Ted found out otherwise and with his buffer and polish restored it to pre idiot-shutting-garage-door-on-nose-of-Corvette condition. And true to his word there was no charge for this.

After:

Posted Image

Thank you Ted. I will send any detail business to you, whether on my cars or others. You ARE the man!

A Porter Cable or Flex along with some McGuires 205 should take it out. I have both if you want to stop by the house and I can see about getting it out for ya.

I agree, a buffer with a little 205 first and step it up a notch if that doesn't do the job. BTW you've got the ACE finger point down perfect!

Thanx Extender32 & Eddie44. That is a great offer Ex32, I will contact you next week. :cheers

I have worked a lot on the ACE finger point, the hard work has paid off! :lol

I work 11-8PM M-F so Sat or Sun afternoon next week works best for me or any weekend for that matter. This weekend would be OK too.

Finally got some time this AM to try both the WD-40 and fingernail ideas. Will have to go to plan B: Ted Y or Extender32.

Isopropyl and Methanol alcohol are both solvents for latex paint - and will not affect the clear coat, microfiber towel wil insure no further scratches. Then polish as suggested.

UPDATE:

I finally decided to take the car to the A.C.E. Detail Ace: Ted "Crazy Shine" Yoder! (I want to thank Extender32 for your generous offer!) This turned out to be a very good move; Ted IS the man! I initially thought (after careful CSI-type flashlight inspection) that I had done more damage to the C6's paint than just the latex garage door paint transfer... I feared I was going to need a painter. Ted found out otherwise and with his buffer and polish restored it to pre idiot-shutting-garage-door-on-nose-of-Corvette condition. And true to his word there was no charge for this.

After:

Posted Image

Thank you Ted. I will send any detail business to you, whether on my cars or others. You ARE the man!

Update quoted so everyone doesn't have to scroll ...:lol

Nice work again Teddy :thumbs