NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Billet Alternator

Unreal

Posted Image

Very nice unit. Available in all colors, polished, etc. Constant 170A which is great for the hot weather here. Mine was a bit of a pain to install because of the direct drive but a stock car should be a 20 minute install.

Teh black looks nice in there, link to where you got it ?

I assume he got it from a vendor on CF.

i was close to pulling the trigger on a black one myself, it would look great with the E-Force covers, but the $170 amp, with black was in the $570.00 price range.

a re-manufactured unit (145amp) is $250. Tough call for me to spend $320 for engine Farkle*

*Farkle ; The word is generally accepted to mean a combination of "function" and "sparkle", hence, farkle.

Motorcycle enthusiasts may install accessories, called farkles , to customize their machine.

If it's from teh vendor I was looking at, he still hasn't given me a square answer about teh 99-00 car version....

Bret on the big board.

Yes it was $570. The difference isn't just the bling. That was only $20 for the black anodizing. The constant 170A is what got me. In the summer I was dropping to 12v when it was hot. My stock alternator isn't bad, it just can't support the load in the summer. Putting a $250 rewound one back on doesn't fix my issue. The bling was just a nice extra.

I could anodize it black one day but it being polished doesn't bother me. Makes it stand out a bit. Not worth the time to pull it off.