NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Arizona Motorsports Park 10/19/2013 ProAutoSports

Drewster67

With my B&B Fusions set in silent mode I had passed the sound test. However half way through my second race I got Black flagged! Seems I had held 3rd gear to long passing a slower car. I really enjoyed the track the short time I was able to run on it. It's just literally in my back yard. I was planning on stopping by in the morning to say hello. Before the ACE lunch. SLAMMER

i thinking my Z will be close but I'm already bracing myself for if it doesn't pass - At least ill get to instruct if it doesn't.

Keep in mind about the maximum occupancy restriction as well. If you are not registered to run - most likely they wont let you in the paddock (but it all depends again on participation turn out). AMP rules not ProAutoSports ....

Peace

My car failed the db test miserably :smilelol

Too bad, as it was a local place I could get my groove on.

You need to employ the 1 potatoe. 2 potatoe method I guess you would need the additional exhaust kit For Corvettes which includes the 3 & 4 additional potatoes. SLAMMER

LOL...they failed me as I pulled out of the pits that day....remember ? They said "No potatoe for you....you go..NOW !!!"

Freakin' flagger ran halfway across the infield to flag me :smilelol

AMP's huge skid pad was awesome, got to play there the first year they opened.

Now I don't think I would pass with NPP and LS7 manifolds.

• 2 weeks later...

We used turnouts racing at lime rock in CT on our C5's to meet sound restrictions. We fab'd these up with a thread and screwed em tight against the exhaust tube pointing them AWAY from the sound meter. Problem is, club racing cars have straight (off road) exhaust so it's easy to do. If you have stock or corsa etc. it may require becoming even more creative as the tips expand out. But this does work. BTW, that's the lowest decibel requirement I have ever heard of....

post-2297-0-48643200-1383103681_thumb.jp

I take that back. It seems lime rock is 88db for track days, but 105 db for 10 sanctioned racing events per year which is what I ran under. How serious are the sound techs at AMP? Do they stay in one spot or move around?

They are very serious. If the county meter reads too loud AMP gets shut down. They had been closed for years because of noise.

Not to get off topic, but I have been following the story about AMP and what I gathered from the many articles I read over the years is that AMP was originally granted the proper licensing to run race or track events. If i recall correctly, the owners agreed to a sound restriction and NOT to run sanctioned races there and I have no Idea why they agreed to that. The county subsequently shut them down based on this and it took some 6 years to reopen because the county could not afford to spend taxpayer dollars to fight AMP any longer on behalf of the idiots that moved in next to a racetrack and fighter jet training center...over noise (lol) Soo yet again, AMP gets the licensing reinstated-recently, but still agrees to impositions "requested" of them by the Maricopa Board of Supervisors this time. Damn shame and I can definitely understand why the track owners are a bit scared at this point from County Government abuse of power. I'm sure that I am missing some important details here as I am going off of my foggy memory, but that's the jist of it. This bullshit is happening all over the place. The racing and hobbyist community needs a freakin lobbyist or something.

There are two DB meters ... one for the track and one for the city. My understanding is if the City's DB meter pegs over 98Db - Its a 10K fine for each occurrence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZfzs5K6I6w Not my best run ... Im on spent NT05 and trashed rotors ...

The one for the city is on the last straight - you can see the cones are placed to put the cars the furthest away (right) from the meter.

One Black C5Z06 Pegged 107DB ....it sounded awesome.