NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Battery Relocation Kit

GoNSyco

Just wondering if there any kits available, or is it just easier to make one yourself? For my Syclone I just ordered a box from Summit and put everything else together myself. Hoping there's a kit out the though for the Vette's. Any ideas who sells them?

Not trying to be a smartazz but why??? The C5 is as close to a 50/50 weight split as you can get. That's part of what makes it handle so well. I've always felt battery relocation was for a weight shift.

I know it would be nice to get it off the top of the computer but where else up front would you put it?

Moving it to the back compartment to make room for turbo's. Moving the 12 disc changer to the side and putting the battery in the center compartment. Just need more room. It's actually for a buddy of mine, he's designing his own turbo kit for his 00 FRC. His g/f wants to get him this for his birthday so I said I'll check around for her on where to find one.

Here's a thought. I saw today on HorsePowr TV a C6 with twin turbos mounted in the back behind the tail lights. Cool setup and only lost 1lb of boost because of location, but made up for it in HP by dropping the temp 100* for a 50HP gain. Nice trade off and I think that with only five lbs of boost @537HP on a stock motor at the rear wheels, not bad for 400HP at the crank. It did have some crazy plumbing though.

Here's a thought. I saw today on HorsePowr TV a C6 with twin turbos mounted in the back behind the tail lights. Cool setup and only lost 1lb of boost because of location, but made up for it in HP by dropping the temp 100* for a 50HP gain. Nice trade off and I think that with only five lbs of boost @537HP on a stock motor at the rear wheels, not bad for 400HP at the crank. It did have some crazy plumbing though.

That Turbo system is the STS Turbo system. Pretty cool.

building your own turbo kit isnt worth the money. There are some kits that can be had for a decent price

PTK, TTi, and STS all have kits that can make good power. Without forging the motor your friend will be limited to about 550 RWHP. A STS kit is a good entry level turbo kit with room to grow. If your friend is willing to invest some $ in some heads/ forged bottom end, then TTi stage x is an awesome kit. Its pretty stealth. If you like bling then there is always the PTK.. The downside to the top mounted turbos is the heat, and eveything that you have to relocate.

Glenn

Yeah, that's the one from STS Phil. Neat setup and made good power. Those looked like T3 turbo's, but small. I bet with a bigger one, a few more horses could be released. :thumbs

He always does his own stuff. He does everything himself so that cuts down a lot of the costs. He calculated it out to about 7K, so he's saying 8K when he's done. Not real sure what his plans are, but I'll keep you guys updated. The kid does some damn good work. His Silverado that he had before this put down 463rwhp and was whipple charged. I saw that episode of Horsepower too and that was pretty cool watching that thing get installed. He likes to do everything custom though.

He always does his own stuff. He does everything himself so that cuts down a lot of the costs. He calculated it out to about 7K, so he's saying 8K when he's done. Not real sure what his plans are, but I'll keep you guys updated. The kid does some damn good work. His Silverado that he had before this put down 463rwhp and was whipple charged. I saw that episode of Horsepower too and that was pretty cool watching that thing get installed. He likes to do everything custom though.

not to be a wet blanket but you can buy at FULL RETAIL a STS complete kit for 7900.00

let someone else do the R&D

He'll put out more power than the STS, but that isn't why he does it. He likes the custom stuff, it's a hobby. He only does it for himself, and the kid is real good at it too. When he figured out how to tune for his intercooler and the whipple on his truck he posted it on LS1tech and whipples design manager actually emailed him asking how he did it. He's real good. Here's his truck pics http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p...&uid=552911 he designed the whole system and did all the installation, his friend did the welding (but he's learning to do that too).