Ted strikes again & WOW.......

uncledibble

Had the pleasure of meeting Ted today and watching him methodically strip away 83,000 miles of abuse on my 2007 Z06 paint. The beast looks outstanding and I am sure Ted will share his before and after pictures. Trying to figure out when he can go to work on a truck I have that needs some attention. His work is better than reported!

That Ted, he does anything to get people to like him.... Can't wait for pictures....

I should have went on to say I will be at C & C this morning for any of you that wanted to see it first hand. Oh well I am home now and certain Ted will post some pictures.

Hey folks, it sure was a pleasure to meet Robb. Like he said, he bought a Z06 with 83,000 miles. Someone took reasonable care of it, but the car had the typical swirl marks, mild water spots and had started to haze. You know, the whitish halo that appears around the edges of a light source. But, that being said, it was reasonably clean and it was a prime candidate for my clear coat restoration process.

Once the car was washed, it looked pretty good in the garage:

Posted Image

After a car is clean, I always begin with an examination of the paint surface. It is important to take a close look at every panel. Sometimes, some panels have been repainted and are different than others. Other times, the side panels (vertical panels) are in a different condition compared to the horizontal panels. Robb's car was pretty consistent from top to bottom. Robb opted for the complete overhaul of th exterior. Here is a close up of the hood using a flash to capture the surface defects. Again, nothing major or suprising:

Posted Image

This is the passenger front fender by the headlight. Very consistent with the hood.

Posted Image

The side also had the same condition issues:

Posted Image

Using the Flex dual action buffer, the cutting compound is followed by the polish. A second inspection is performed to look for any issues which need a second pass. The paint came out really clear and sharp. The color also gets slightly darker and the reflections become very sharp. After applying the Opti Coat it is always necessary to pull the car into the sunlight to check for any last minute streaks and correct them before leaving. Here are the after shots showing the clarity and lack of swirl marks.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image