'Shifty's daily driver gets some love

Shifty

Thanks to Tucson's version of Iraq's "Highway of Death", I got to rebuild teh front end of my Z/28 daily driver that I rebuilt last year. This time it included new springs (Eibach Pro's), struts/shocks (Koni Yellows) and some BMR goodies to compensate for lowering 1.2", and some fantastically hardcore J & M strut mounts. I also am trying out StopTech's in place of teh Hawk ceramics (it has been converted to C5 brakes, btw). I also needed tires, thanks to teh crap streets, so I went with Michellin Pilot Sport A/S + runflats, since I don't have a spare thanks to those C5 brakes.

I'll put up some pics this weekend, I seriously need to clay and wax teh poor thing.

Bring it out tomorrow night to Freddy's

Can't, I work too late. By teh time I get there, you guys will home snoring....

I usually stay for a couple of hours. If I get there by six, wife usually shops at the supermarket, then we get something to eat, and hang out until it thins out, so if I knew you were coming, I would hang out till eight at least. I have to show you my custom rim job.

I usually stay for a couple of hours. If I get there by six, wife usually shops at the supermarket, then we get something to eat, and hang out until it thins out, so if I knew you were coming, I would hang out till eight at least. I have to show you my custom rim job.

That's gonna cost ya! lol!

That's gonna cost ya! lol!

...saw that one coming.

Sounds like a great project - send pic's! I been thinking it's time to do the Pima Museum run again soon - maybe get to see it in person!

Remember that it's a driver-a true 20/20 car. It might have been better if I didn't have a dickweed of a painter jack it up, but I've tried to keep up with it teh best I can considering that I've put 80k on it in 7 years, all city miles....

I'll make it up there someday Rich, probably when I've taken teh day off and it happens to fall on Freddys Day.

I just put the StopTech street performance pads on my C6. They work really well, but they are dusty.

I just put the StopTech street performance pads on my C6. They work really well, but they are dusty.

It's hard to tell on mine, as they are still bedding, but so far pretty dusty here too....

. I have to show you my custom rim job.

pictures, or it didnt happen :toetap

Uhm.....opportunity to re-think that request? :huh

:lurk

It's hard to tell on mine, as they are still bedding, but so far pretty dusty here too....
I followed StopTech's bedding in procedure. Ten consecutive stops from 60-10 followed by driving for a few minutes to cool the brakes down. Then another ten stops from 60-10.

I followed StopTech's bedding in procedure. Ten consecutive stops from 60-10 followed by driving for a few minutes to cool the brakes down. Then another ten stops from 60-10.

Ya, I did teh same thing for my Hawks.... :3gears:

dickweed

Hey Dean, is this medicinal ???

I think it is. It's also the type with a soothing lip balm that comes out after toking on it for a while...