NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Posted this here because I changed my vette "Just for FUN"

aenigma

I couldn't stand the generic white, but I love my vette. One pic posted is as it was. I changed the wheels to black, added a front splitter, put red stripes on and decided I didn't like red so I changed the stripes out to black carbon fiber. Added a spoiler of sorts, added a black back and blacked out all the lights all the way around.

Since these pics, I removed the "CORVETTE" on the windshield. Couldn't forget to ghetto it out and add a black skull on each side.

I'm now satisfied.

Next project is to make it faster :)

post-2008-0-41532000-1380130935_thumb.jp

post-2008-0-14334200-1380130962_thumb.jp

post-2008-0-75277400-1380131028_thumb.jp

post-2008-0-74981300-1380131059_thumb.jp

post-2008-0-72640100-1380131073_thumb.pn

post-2008-0-00379400-1380131094_thumb.jp

I hear ya....I'd like to do something to wake up my Artic White, but Chad beat me to what I think I'd like, and that's teh off-center stripe.

Looking dam good Mo, now all you need to do is enter it in the ACE autoX on Nov.9th......

If you can't afford to make it faster then just get slower friends!

Looking dam good Mo, now all you need to do is enter it in the ACE autoX on Nov.9th......

If you can't afford to make it faster then just get slower friends!

Nooooo, I want to catch you guys!

Looking dam good Mo, now all you need to do is enter it in the ACE autoX on Nov.9th...... If you can't afford to make it faster then just get slower friends!

Go to the Auto X, you will pick up some driving tips which will make you faster without adding HP or spending $$. BTW, who did the lights? I'm thinking with my black rims mine should be blacked out. I'm also going to do black GS emblems.

Looking dam good Mo, now all you need to do is enter it in the ACE autoX on Nov.9th...... If you can't afford to make it faster then just get slower friends!

Go to the Auto X, you will pick up some driving tips which will make you faster without adding HP or spending $$. BTW, who did the lights? I'm thinking with my black rims mine should be blacked out. I'm also going to do black GS emblems.

I ordered them and installed them. It's fun doing my own thing once in awhile. I get stuck in the office too much. LOL

I ordered them and installed them. It's fun doing my own thing once in awhile. I get stuck in the office too much. LOL

So they're covers, or are the actually lenses? I was thinking of having them sprayed. Those look great!

So they're covers, or are the actually lenses? I was thinking of having them sprayed. Those look great!

They're covers. The front sides, side reflectors and backs are done. I wasn't totally committed to the change yet because I was doing so much at once, so I did the covers until I decide for sure. Does the spray last?

I'd like to change out my back lights, but I HATE the circled outlined illuminated look (the new cars all seem to have that look). Hoping for something different. I haven't found anything that I love yet.

I know a couple of the folks here have had them sprayed but I haven't heard any long term results. Maybe someone will speak up.

If you have them sprayed it will last, the will be painted just like the body panels....

Ed had someone at Coulter doing it for a decent price once, if he can't help then talk to Joe at Classic.

Bromley's Corvettes

I know a couple of the folks here have had them sprayed but I haven't heard any long term results. Maybe someone will speak up.

I sprayed the lens on my BMW about 6 months ago and they still look like new. About 20k miles on them and it was easy to do. I think the can of spray tint was like $9.00 and you can do a lot of lens with one can. I also sprayed the windshield most people cant tell the bike did not come that way from the factory.

Love the new look. I actually thought about that rear spoiler but went with a different one. As for your lights, I have had mine painted for a while now and have no problems with them. They wax just like your car paint. I also tried the covers but always had issues with dust getting under them and having to remove them to clean. Major pain in my book. Joe and Mike at Classic did the painting on all my lights. Did a great job. How did it feel to drill holes in your car?

Just an fyi........

I know several friends who used the smoked overlays on the rear lights on C6's that actually may have caused the OEM lenses to deform/bow out. I guess the additional heat absorbed and trapped by the overlays may have been the cause....don't know, but the lenses needed to be replaced.

I have my side makers painted (did it during my build 2+ years ago), and switched to LED bulbs for those lights. The bulbs were brighter and consumed less current, so they don't get hot like incadecent bulbs do.

Love the new look. I actually thought about that rear spoiler but went with a different one. As for your lights, I have had mine painted for a while now and have no problems with them. They wax just like your car paint. I also tried the covers but always had issues with dust getting under them and having to remove them to clean. Major pain in my book. Joe and Mike at Classic did the painting on all my lights. Did a great job. How did it feel to drill holes in your car?

It would have been more painful to drill a C6. But I did have to close my eyes on this one. Yes it was hard but I was sure it was what I wanted. I've debated what to do with it for a year. I love the black and white contrast.