NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Weekend Wrenching on theVette

theChad

She's feeling the love with:

• New C6Z06 Clutch setup a few weeks ago. (thanks to Joe@CPR)
  • Upgraded C6Z06 front & rear sways (thanks to Shockwave... sorry you're selling your baby, but thanks for the parts :) )

Stock C5 vs. C6Z06

Posted Image

• New black, slotted and dimpled rotors, Hawk HPS pads, and purdy red callipers all the way around!

Posted Image

Posted Image

...and now you can complain about the lack of pointing. :yeah:

I hope this makes up for some of the inattention to ACE standards.. AaaaSS CHEEeeKS!!

Posted Image

With all those new parts you really need to sign up for the ACE autoX on Nov.9th.....

Believe me, If I didn't have to go to Flagstaff for my nephew's birthday, I'd be there!

What brand are those rotors?

I got them from C6-na-killa a while ago. He said they were made by, "Centric the owner and maker of .. Stoptech rotors"

Orig. Post

Hmmm.....if those are dimples, and not cross-drill holes, I don't think they are Centric/StopTech (I'm a dealer for both-they don't do dimples, and they only E-Coat teh non-friction surfaces). They actually look more like teh Brakeworlds'....

Hmmm.....if those are dimples, and not cross-drill holes, I don't think they are Centric/StopTech (I'm a dealer for both-they don't do dimples, and they only E-Coat teh non-friction surfaces). They actually look more like teh Brakeworlds'....

Yeah, I dunno... they're not cross-drilled holes. And there wasn't much as far as mfgr. markings on the boxes either. Some part numbers... 55046 / BBZ0611 and 55045 / BBT0611.

As long as they work well, I don't care. :)

All pictures in the post are good...but not approved....pointing is a requirement....if I can point at my cut up back, you can at least point at that butt!!! :lol:

• New black, slotted and dimpled rotors, Hawk HPS pads, and purdy red callipers all the way around!

Have you had Hawk HPS pads before? I am curious to hear how you like them?

I had those on my C5. They stopped great, and when aggressively used they didn't squeak.

However, in normal city driving they squealed a lot and the dust, OMG, my driveway is permanently stained from the brake dust I hosed off my wheels. . . :ack

Have you had Hawk HPS pads before? I am curious to hear how you like them?

I had those on my C5. They stopped great, and when aggressively used they didn't squeak.

However, in normal city driving they squealed a lot and the dust, OMG, my driveway is permanently stained from the brake dust I hosed off my wheels. . . :ack

Na... Virgin Hawk HPS pad user. I'll let you know how they behave in a few weeks/months. I'm still breaking in the normal wear cycle to get off the protective coating on the rotors... then rotor seasoning, and pad bedding. Got to find a nice place to do some 60+ to 15mph stops. Maybe a chunk of the 303... can I request a LEO shutdown for 1/2 hour between I17 and Lake Pleasant? :)

I use Hawk HPS pads and don't get much dust at all. They are quiet as well. They work great. I use Hawk HPS pads and don't get much dust at all. They are quiet as well. They work great.

I use Hawks for everything I own, though I went with teh ceramics-they get a bad rap for not stopping as well as metallics, I call BS....they are dynamite, and don't dust like my HPS's did, (or squeal like Ned Beatty). Now, they may suffer compared to teh HPS on teh track though....

Next up for my daily driver Z/28 is a set of StopTechs-they were comped, so I figured I'd try them.