NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Driver Side Seat Goes Forward And Backwards

nort99

My driver seat move about an 1/4's and inch when you stop or take off. I finally found out what the problem is. Going to fix it after we get back from Laughlin. Any body else out there have this problem?

My driver seat move about an 1/4's and inch when you stop or take off. I finally found out what the problem is. Going to fix it after we get back from Laughlin. Any body else out there have this problem?

Isn't that the G reduction mechanism to make for a softer ride? :smilelol:leaving Robert :burnout

Mine started about a year ago, on Ken Kings website, shows the fix for it. Basically it's a nylon bushing that wears out in a slot, where the screw turns to make your seat move. I'm gonna fix mine also, I need to replace my driver side seat cover at the same time.

Mine has been doing it forever. :toetap Now you tell me its a little plastic doo-dad, and not just my fat @ss? Figures. Hey, if Chad the "interior master" is in for a 'vette-seat Saturday, I'm in! :thumbs

Here is the fix-it site Rocking Seat Fix

Yep that one of the sites, but I don't think you have to take it apart like they are saying... I will see after we return from the dark side in Laughlin.

I am going in first thing in the morning. Sure hope I do not have to use an orange crate for a seat when I get done.

No more moving seat. Ye HAAAAAa. :D

It only takes about an hour to fix the problem. I did not do it the way some post tell you to do it.

I did not remove the seat from the car or take the rails apart as some say to do.

This is what I did and it worked GREAT.

Remove the four nuts that hold the seat rail into the floor baords. Fold the seat back forward, then tilt the whole seat backwards on its end. I was able to get past the wheel and it stayed there by it's self. Now you can see the motor and gear reducers that moves the seat forward and backwards. There are two gear reducers, one on each side of tracks. It does not make any difference which one you do. It is easier to do the one on the outside. There are two torx screws that hold the gear reducer to the frame, remove these two screws, now there is a black plastic spacer under the gear reducer don't lose it. Remove the gear reducer from the spirng drive rod. Leave the one to the motor there. Now since the all the wiring is still hooked up you can just move one rail oneway or the other it does not matter, by moving the switch. Only move the rail about 5/8" of an inch. You can messaure how much you moved it really easy. Now put the gear reducer back on the spring drive rod and put the two torx screw back in to the plastic spacer and the reducer. Put your seat back on the four post and tighten down the four nuts. Mine worked just great. No more movemnet at all.

I read where some people move one rail any where from 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch. You can alway move it more it needed. If you go to far you might put the seat in a bind. Any way what this does is make one stop hit the bracket all the way forwards and the other stop on the other rail will hit the back stop. Which mean no movement.

I got a lot of info off another site, But I rewrote it, so you can under stand it better I hope.

Good luck if you have this problem. It really is not hard to do.. This old man got it done.

:burnout

• 1 month later...

It now has been about two months since I fixed the seat problem and all is still fine. :D Any body out there do it this way yet? :howdy

It now has been about two months since I fixed the seat problem and all is still fine. :D Any body out there do it this way yet? :howdy

:bang Not this procrastinator. But since you did such a good job :clap there neighbor, I was thinking of offering bribes, or tributes, or......beer :lol for some hands-on assistance. I thought ChadC was gonna do this too.... :toetap

huh? who? what? me?

Unfortunally my HOA ,Maracopa Tax and Christmas gifts have demanded all my funds.

Untill I can see straight Roxxane is broke.

• 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I will be doing this on Sunday. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the write up.

I will be doing this on Sunday. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the write up.

Nort visits, but doesn't post anymore. But it was a good write-up. :thumbs