NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Recommend A Brake Pad?

sffiredude

OK, need to put brake pads on the car. Have an 02 vert and am obviously tired of the brake dust issue but like the stopping power. What have you tried and/or recommend?

You guys are a treasure chest of information, thanks.

:thumbs

I'm using Hawks right now and they work great. I do get some squeeking though, doesn't even have to be hard breaking. I don't really notice it though, not sure if thats cause it's going away or what, but it drove me nuts for the first month.

Really depends on how your drive. I went from OEM to ceramic to cut the brake dust. I find no problem with the ceramic day to day but if you do some spirited driving I imagine you could see the difference.

What Eddie says is true. Spirited driving or some auto-cross, they will fade eventually, if/when over-heated. Normal driving, go ceramics. Now I do some spirited driving, but try to be aware of my braking when doing so :yesnod

What Eddie says is true. Spirited driving or some auto-cross, they will fade eventually, if/when over-heated. Normal driving, go ceramics. Now I do some spirited driving, but try to be aware of my braking when doing so :yesnod

Thanks folks, I am pretty much an everyday driver so ceramics it will be.

I have got to say the the photo of your car show a great deal of care and attention I am jealous? One day I will need to get your product and detailing list. Perhaps there are detailing Saturdays and I will see this obvious master at work!

:clap

Look on Corvette Forum for dealer specials, like Fred Beans for AC Delco ceramics, or locally(NAPA) for Raybestos pads :thumbs

Look on Corvette Forum for dealer specials, like Fred Beans for AC Delco ceramics, or locally(NAPA) for Raybestos pads :thumbs

I ordered mine from Gene at Fred Beans and they were the cheapest I could find.