NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

R&r High Beam And Fog Lights

Loud Pedal

I got some new Xeon bulbs to replace the high beams and fog lights. It is supposed to be in the same color temperature range as the HID headlamps. There is no obvious access to these bulbs and it seems to me the inner fenderwell will have to be removed to gain access. I'm not afraid of tools, but it is my baby. ;)

Anybody have an idea where to get some good information on this? Or where to get the shop manual?

Thanks!

FYI it will not be the same color (K = Kelvin temp). not even close

Perhaps not, but they are definately brighter. I have seen photos of one side installed and you could definately tell the difference.

I will go look at the wifes car and let you know, I am pretty sure the headlight comes out to expose everything but iwill let you know. Joe

You can access the fog lamp bulb if you pull the airbox (easily unclips on regular c-6). To do the side marker or headlite you have to pull the front section of the fender liners out. They dont bolt in, just a bunch of push clips to be pryed out. If you pull the liners then you dont have to pull the airbox as you can access the fog light bulbs from there as well. Hope this helps...Joe

It looks like the fender liners are screwed in on the z06. I'll bust out the philips and let ya'll know how it goes. Cover me, I'm goin in. :unsure

Well, I got em in. No harm done. They are much brighter and the color is very much like the HID lights. I should have taken some before and after pics, but I did turn them on when one side was done and the others looked very yellow in comparison. I'm happy I swapped these out and it wasn't too big of a deal getting to them. Just gotta pop some of those plastic fender clips and a few torx screws.

Hope everyone is having a blast in Laughlin. Be careful guys.

L8R G8Rs

I put Sylvania brights in both my brights and my dims. Now I have whiter and brighter whites in the brights and brighter and whiter lights in the dims. heh heh

Say that 10 times real fast... :crazy