Got screwed, heads up

NachosZO6

I had just typed the long version of what happened but lost it, and since I don't feel like typing out the whole thing, below is the condensed version.

I called Dave, a mobile paint chip repair guy. He showed up and literally threw paint on the car with his finger and a 2" sponge. He then removed the excess paint with paint thinner and removed the hazing with a microfiber towel. The process looked pretty simple but after all it was said and done, my car was left with hazing, swirl marks, excess paint, and plenty of chips that didn't get covered.

1 week later, all the chips are back along with all the other crap that was left on the car. Going to have to get with Ted to see if he can fix it. SOB!!!!

So please stay away from this guy. I know a current member used him and had good results, but I didn't, so I guess it's a 50/50.

Guess I paid $100 to get a lesson as to how NOT to repair chips on your car. Sweet.

Very sad to hear about this. I am one that recommended him and I am truely sorry he did this to you.

Guest badbobs95

Very sad to hear about this. I am one that recommended him and I am truely sorry he did this to you.

It's always your fault! :laughing gut bustin: Oh no! 2,500 posts in three years. That's sick. I need to get a life and go back to work. Ya, right. :wacked:

It's always your fault! :laughing gut bustin: Oh no! 2,500 posts in three years. That's sick. I need to get a life and go back to work. Ya, right. :wacked:
Umm, no comment.

No problem Husker, not anyone else's fault. Just thought I'd pass this on.