Ted did some magic on my 78 today

Ted was good enough to come over and detail my 78 (with original paint which is thin and showing its age) today. He was also kind enough to take care of my Harley springer. I have been so pleased with the Opticoat product that Ted put on my GS that I decided to have Ted apply it to the Vette and the bike. I live on a dirt road and the Opticoat seems to not accept a static charge the way that wax does; end result is less dust adherence to the car and the gloss is amazing.

Ted took some photos so I am trusting he'll post some soon.

Thanks again Ted for helping my vehicles look their best.

Chris

Bromley's Corvettes

Ted is the man detail man lol.

I cant wait to see the 78 maybe when we do a over drive tranny or new a/c :)

Allright, here we are. Thanks Chris (harleypower69) for the intro.

Chris has an awesome '78 Pace Car with original paint. It had been detailed and cut before by another detailer so some of the edges were very thin due to this and normal wear and tear. This is 35 year old single stage paint. It is very soft compared to today's clear coats and ceramic paints. So, it was pretty well swirled and scratched. Our goal was not to make it perfect, but to make it shiny and preserve the paint. The paint also had some hazing which is common for single stage paint, especially black.

I used a mild polish and a soft pad, which made the black really pop and took out many of the scratches and swirls while not removing much paint from the already thin original. Then I prepped the paint and coated it in the permanent polymer Opti-Coat 2.0. This should give the paint a very hard external shell to pretect it for a long time.

Here are the finished pictures and a short video of the car running. It sounds great to me (thanks to Doug Bromley, too).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image