Dwayne/phil, A Few Reminder Questions From This Weekend

Guest SrbijaAZSale

Guest SrbijaAZSale

83 first, then 80, followed by NXT wax?

Also, what car wash did we use as well as what tire gloss (looks awesome without the mess)?

Thanks guys

Alex

1. We started with a Car Wash. We used Meguiars NXT Car Wash.
  2. We Clay Bar the entire car.
  3. We used 83 - Applied with W8006 Polishing Pad
  4. We then followed up with 80 - Applied with W8006 Polishing Pad (Use a different one then the 83 application pad)
  5. Then we finished with NXT Tech Wax - Applied with W9006 Finishing Pad
  6. Then use the Quick Detailer to keep it looking nice.
Glad to hear the car is still shinning. As for tire dressing, you can use just about anything out there. After application, wipe with a dry cloth to remove excess dressing.

Something I forgot to tell everyone, when you are using Micro Fiber Towels, treat them like your Sunday's best clothes. Make sure and wash per the instructions on the package. This step will save you alot of frustration in the long run. Remember the Terry Cloth towels are made to remove dry skin from our bodies. They are most of the reasons of scratches on your clear coat. On lighter color cars you will not notice the fine scratches in the clear coat, but in dark colors, especially black it will really show over time.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Phil... :devil

You were using different applicators for the 83 and the 80 correct? What were those applicators?

You were using different applicators for the 83 and the 80 correct? What were those applicators?

Thanks for the question, I have updated the post.

Good point on the towel care Phil...

Also remember to use a new/clean towel especially when you get to the final steps.

Glad to hear the car is still shinning. As for tire dressing, you can use just about anything out there. After application, wipe with a dry cloth to remove excess dressing.

The dressing used on yours was Meguiars Endurance. It's like a runny gel, a little goes a long way.

As for towels, if you are drying your car...I still recommend the blow dry from a leaf blower (careful not to bump against your car) and finish with a high dollar towel, 100% Egyptian combed, use light pressure when wiping down.

Another note, those that use California Dusters, use lightly across paint, just to lightly remove dust and repeatedly shake dust out of the duster.

I need to remove some paint overspray from my black door handles and trim. Any suggestions as to what I should use?

I need to remove some paint overspray from my black door handles and trim. Any suggestions as to what I should use?

Im not sure if a clay bar would do it. dwane any thoughts?

I have always had good luck removing overspray with a clay bar.