NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

CPR & Elite teamed up on the vette

Drewstein

The Pumpkin C6 Z? Dawg is gonna love this!

How much longer until its finished? Is that a wrap looks like its a really nicely done job.

That reminds me........Safeway is having a sale on peaches right now

j/k!! Looks cool!

That is awesome. Actual paint I assume, not a wrap like most of the flat cars these days?

VetteSthetics

Awwww son!! That color looks good on Ya!! Welcome to the dark side! Orange is the new Black!! :Score-101010:

That is awesome. Actual paint I assume, not a wrap like most of the flat cars these days?

It's a wrap which is several thousand than paint and you can't tell if it's done right. Plus it'll protect the paint for the next couple of years which isn't so shabby.

HLOWEEN for a new plate

Brilliant!

Don't take that the wrong way. Wraps are awesome. Nothing wrong with them at all. Wasn't saying paint was better, was just wondering.

I want to wrap my roof.

Don't take that the wrong way. Wraps are awesome. Nothing wrong with them at all. Wasn't saying paint was better, was just wondering.

I want to wrap my roof.

Trust me I'd rather have the funds to paint it etc, but I have better things to spend $8k on lol.

I can't wait to bring her out.

I like the dark headlights. What is going on right above the right front side light?

Cool! It looks like orange peel or like you want to peel an orange. Damn, now I'm hungry again.

I like the dark headlights. What is going on right above the right front side light?

Those pictures were of the wrap being put in the sun so it can cure. Probably a combo of the unfinished process and weird shadow.

Those pictures were of the wrap being put in the sun so it can cure.

wrap cure?

assuming if your vendor used the 3m 1080 product (orange matte 1080-M54) if they are telling you 'sunlight/heat to cure' they are full of shit and you are being taken for a ride.

in fact direct sunlight (heat and UV) damages the film. here is a brief PDF from 3m warning Southwest region will reduce the guarantee.

http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/mediawebserver?mwsId=SSSSSuH8gc7nZxtUN8_UM8mZevUqe17zHvTSevTSeSSSSSS--&fn=3M%20Commercial%20Graphics%20Warranty

heat will make the material soft and the edge adhesion glue weak.

leaving it outside all day is not a big deal. it is a simple drop in the bucket of reducing its life. but over 3 years those drops add up.

and

be forewarned with black paint (a high contrast to your current color) any amount of rock chips to the nose and your call will start to look like this

Posted Image

Well Chad, the car is an '07 with 15k on the clock. I'm not worried about any level of sun exposure she may receive.

The 1080 is supposed to be as strong as their clear bra, just not clear. We'll see. If I have to re-wrap the bumper every so often that's no big deal.

Jon lives down a dirt road and his is holding up just fine so once again, not worried about it. It's nothing a little $$ won't fix.

I've got two small dings that actually penetrated the wrap from the last year and a half of driving it. From large rocks hitting my car that a semi kicked up. Other than that it's holding up great against the normal AZ road debris. Even after my wife ran it over and we had to put new wrap on some pieces the original 3M wrap hadn't faded a bit in a year of parking outside a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

holly crap that all flat looking i shure hope it shines up when they give it back

i saw were you can sandpaper that and then buff it a bunch with stuff and it will look new

I shore hope it shines up or make them fix it