NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Interior Refurb

Guest Steve Mulvey

Guest Steve Mulvey

Greetings

I need to re-do some of the interior of my car. Opinions on shops would be great. I need to do the seats (foam and covers) the carpet and the piece that comes down to the radio on the front... Who do you use for upholstery?

Thanks

Oh, it doesn't have to be show quality, I like to drive my stuff- parked cars might as well be models...

That will probably get the odd response.. :D

Take a look at leatherseats.com. That's where I got my covers and foam. If they don't have any C2 stuff on their website I'd bet they'll do them. It will cost you less than $1k and I'll bet the C2 is easier to do than the C5.

Guest Steve Mulvey

Thanks for the tip but unfortunately my car is too old for them... I am really looking for someone in our area who can put the stuff in the car. I think that Al Knock place has the pieces...

Thanks

Steve

This is what I did to my 71

with Al Knotch parts

ResizeofIMG_0857.jpg

I say make it a corvette saturday.

If you dont have the garage or tools then let me know and I can host one for ya.

(give me plenty of warning so I can clean up my place for company :D )

cheers

chad

Guest Steve Mulvey

This is what I did to my 71

with Al Knotch parts

:eek Criminy! They melted your entire interior down to the metal??? I better find a different supplier!

I have tools (like about a gazillion of them), but the problem is skill... I can do the carpets , but (and not to seem incompetent or anything) I cannot figure out how to get the dashboard apart.. Truthfully, I can probably get it apart, back together is something else... :thumbs

I need to re-wire the whole car as well but I have someone to do that so I want to remove the old stuff first and allow him to do the job before I put the new stuff back in. The timing is the problem. I don't really have any...

I'll see how much stuff I am ordering and stay in touch with the board here. Thank you Chad for your kind and generous offer , which means a lot to me as a newbie and complete stranger. I'll get the pieces and we can decide if there is too much to do. I also know that if I just do the bad stuff, the rest will look terrible and I will have to do the whole thing. :banghead

Does this group meet anywhere with regularity? I used to be with a group of plastic car owners that met for breakfast every Saturday and just shot the breeze about the cars and how to do stuff like this for a couple of hours starting at 7 until about 9. This allowed for weekend projects to be done (read spousal commitments) and yet the camaraderie was awesome...

I think you spent more than a Saturday on your car though!

Steve

There is a guy on 59th av, about 2 blocks south of Glendale Av. Not sure of the name, he does great work, mostly older vehicles and does not cost thousands. Does vert tops also. Worth a look :thumbs

if you have the tools , garage space, and time we can hack this out.

Pulling apart an interior aint that bad

gutting the dash (ie removing EVERYTHING) is sporty but not hard.

re wiring is not that bad in a car of this year. This is something totally possible. You buy wiring harness kit and re wire it all. Head to toe. If you look in the gutted picture of my car and see that blue towel. That is the entire wiring for the dash and center console.

This could be a fun cold weather project.

Trust me there is nogthing that is rocket science about this. It just layers and steps. You can totally do this and Id be happy to help.

..I miss working on old Roxy.

cheers

chad