NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Gun value question

Ted Y

I am curious about the value of two guns I have. We are switching to .45 caliber so I have the following: Glock Model 22 full size .40 caliber. I've had this gun for 10 years and it's got the trijicon sights. Probably a few thousand rounds through it. Looks brand new, I only really only shot it at the range at work. I believe it is a Gen 3. I'm not much of a gun guy. It will come with 3 - 15 round magazines. It has always been cleaned and had preventive maintenance every year. I have a few holsters as well. I also have a Glock Model 27 sub compact .40 caliber. Probably only a thousand rounds through it. It has 2 - 10 round magazines. I just don't need them anymore.

Don't know what it's worth used but I bought a new Glock model 22 Gen 4 in .40 cal. last Feb. Cost was $540.

Not presently knowledgable on values, but I might be interested in the Glock Model 27 once you decide on a price. . .

10 year old Gen 4? I doubt it. I bought my G21 in .45 a few years ago brand new and it's a Gen 3. I could be wrong though. A Gen 3 G22 with one mag sold on another site was listed at $425. I think if you're in that neighborhood + some you'd be in the ball park. I saw a 17 and a 19 around $500.

See my edited post above about some prices. You can actually go to Glock's website and see the differences between generations.

Not presently knowledgable on values, but I might be interested in the Glock Model 27 once you decide on a price. . .

If Donna doesn't snag it, I'd be interested if teh price is right...

Yeah, with that round count, mags, etc... Your looking at max, high $400's. Gen 3's should have the finger divots and textured/cross hatch grips with front underside rail. I have a gen 3 23 - the compact .40 and you might get almost $500 with a low round count.

I was thinking $400s as well depending on finish and holster wear as well. The fact you're LEO could increase the value a little as you're more likely to take care of your weapon than some random.

I was thinking $400s as well depending on finish and holster wear as well. The fact you're LEO could increase the value a little as you're more likely to take care of your weapon than some random.

Not to mention that teh buyer would feel better buying from LEO than Joe Blow from Backpage....

I do have the current blue book of gun values...I'll check them for you when I get back tomorrow.

Here's where the bulk market stands... and where you can get one today, at this price: Add more $$ for 1 extra mag, if you want.

Glock 22s and Rem 870s LE Trade ins @ Arizona Firearms Tempe

http://www.arizonashooting.com/v3/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=178542

"Finally a batch of guns worth posting on here.

Glock 22 3rd gen w/night sights 40sw w/ 2-15rnd mags good to very good condition $375"

They're charging me full retail for the privilege of buying a gun I've lugged around for ten years, so I'm not interested in owning it. They can have it back. I will be posting up the G27 at the end of August. Thanks guys. I'll be getting a compact .45 after this.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Ted, you prolly won't go Gen 4 at work. I know we turned then down due to some kind of internal issue causing malfunction of some sorts. Don't remember the actual reasoning right now. You will love the 21 though. Favorite handgun. As for your used 22. Friend price of 300 but I would not expect more than 400 from a buyer. Just my opinion but my friends who sold their 22s each got 4.

The gun market is F'n crazy out there, I have a S&W Model 296 Airlite Ti .44 on gun brokers, it's at 655.00 and 3 days left. wierd...I might put the MAC 90 with barrel clips up for auction.

Please do so I can go bug the armory to let me switch to the new generation. Also, the issue was with the dual resistance guiderod thing they use. At least that was the excuse they gave me :-)

All I know is, the trigger thingy makes a loud noise and people fall down. I'll ask. I'm a recovering engineer with a badge who now does accident reconstruction. I'm the furthest thing from a street cop as it gets these days.

I got the gun yesterday. It's definitely a Gen 4 Glock 21. They gave us the choice of standard or boat tail grip and night sights. I asked our range master about the guide rod issue. He said they tested 3000 rounds and test fired it with about 100 different shooters and there were no problems. They even left it dirty on purpose and didn't clean it until after the test. I can get you Joel's name and number if you want it.