NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

I wanna be like Bob and Joe....

Cross

So I bought the new Vette rear Wide Body Fenders.... now to get them painted. Next will be a hood to modify and then either a Tiger Shark front bumper or buy another one to fix the damage this one has... But this should be quite fun... or I will curse the day I thought of doing this... we shall see.

They went on sale on the big boards to I talked myself into a Paypal purchase...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-parts-for-sale-wanted/3032229-fs-zr-rear-fenders.html

Posted Image

joe@cpr.com

Nice!!! Be ready to spend some coin to get them to fit well, the shop who did mine and neils' (red vert) is 1/2 mile from my shop and he is one of my longest friends. I know you probably have someone local but he has personal experience getting these perfect.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then I might just want to meet him. I do have someone local, Cheyenne's God Father is the owner of Larry's Paint and Body so he puts up with my odd requests... but I never know if he will have the time now so I may have to go that route. I am coming up there Thursday to have NicD convert the New Vette to E85 maybe I can stop in and see the new build of yours. What did the final numbers end up being?

Every time I see an FD in the back ground I want an LSx swapped one... I miss my FD.

....... he is one of my longest friends.

I was going to ask if you looked him in the eyes while you measured him.....

Then I thought, Holy Poopie! Joe has friends ????

joe@cpr.com

....... he is one of my longest friends.

I was going to ask if you looked him in the eyes while you measured him.....

Then I thought, Holy Poopie! Joe has friends ????

haha deep into his beautiful eyes..... and i don't really have friends they are all paid actors lol

Joe if one of those RX7's ever pops up for sale let me know... or at least keep me in mind. I have this LS2 sitting here and I have been asking myself what do I put it in... Thought about an RX8 but there does not seem to be a lot of information.

I'm pretty sure there's a body shop that ignores my calls thanks to these fenders lol.

They look sexy though.

Guest badbobs95

I'm just glad I didn't have to pay for mine! This guy painted the whole car after doing the fenders and hood. And he did a perfect job. Should be perfect for $7,500!

I demand more pictures of the red C5 Vert with the wide fenders. OK, may I see some more pics of the C5 Vert Please?

Guest badbobs95

I demand more pictures of the red C5 Vert with the wide fenders. OK, may I see some more pics of the C5 Vert Please?

Unfortunately it's not just the fenders, installation and the paint. Then you need twelve inch wheels and 345/30/19 tires which are only about $500 each. :at wits end: Oh ya Neil's red C5 is fantastic. Joe's is just OK! :laughing gut bustin::laughing gut bustin::laughing gut bustin:

It's getting there...should be ready soon :) I'll make sure to post pictures and details after it's out of Joe's (CPR). That is if I don't think up other things to do to it.

Guest badbobs95

Love the look those give!

And that is an excellent price for those. The company that makes them (L5Motorsports) sells them for $899.00 plus shipping.

You go boy. :cheer:

Pic's mine arrived a few days ago. I would have posted them sooner but I had to go visit AZ Dyno Chip with the new Vette after some of the changes.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Umm... is it still called Polo Green like the C4's were?

What you have there is Dark Bowling Green Metallic.

With sexy yeller brakes.

IIRC!

That would be it!! Sexee brakes and all.

I would have done the wide quarter panels but the cost of getting the wheels to do it right is more than I ever had.

Ya know, Bob, that for an extra couple hundred bucks they could have done a complete paint job of the WHOLE CAR........

Too bad they masked off the tail end & forgot to spray it! :smilelol :smilelol :laughing gut bustin: :laughing gut bustin:

Guest badbobs95

Ya know, Bob, that for an extra couple hundred bucks they could have done a complete paint job of the WHOLE CAR........

Too bad they masked off the tail end & forgot to spray it! :smilelol :smilelol :laughing gut bustin: :laughing gut bustin:

Believe me, that black butt is nothing but a dust magnet. Clean it, drive 20 feet, and it's covered again. :at wits end:

Believe me, that black butt is nothing but a dust magnet. Clean it, drive 20 feet, and it's covered again. :at wits end:

I can't believe this hasn't been turned into a tag line yet...