NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Any "Free Weights" or weight lifting equip?

NDAGRUV

WTB: Weight lifting equipment, such as free weights, barbells, weight benches, etc.

Trying to get my old butt somewhat active.................. :hehehe:

Honestly Id just put that money towards a gym membership. Ive seen it time and time again....having equipment at ur house makes you less likely to stick with it since it doesnt take much to get distracted. Also you will be limited to the amount of exercises you can do since equipment is very expensive.

Unfortunately I already have a Gym Membership!

It's difficult getting motivated to workout without someone to go with & hold each other accountable.

In my younger years I was very involved in semi-pro bodybuilding, so the effect of having free weights right "in my face" is motivating to me.

At least I hope it still has that effect!! :blur:

I have had a couple of gym memberships in the past, but didn't like the gym environment.

For me, having equipment at home that I can use whenever I want and that I see all the time is motivating.

I have noticed that if its too hard to make it to the gym, you wont be motivated enough to train at home. Not saying that happens to be the case here.

I have noticed that if its too hard to make it to the gym, you wont be motivated enough to train at home. Not saying that happens to be the case here.

^^^ this is true for a lot of folks.

For me, it's a time thing. At home, I only need 45 minutes free for a 45 minute workout. I don't have to drive anywhere, there's no one occupying the machine I want and it doesn't matter what time of the day or night it is. It's just more efficient and convenient.

Chameleon;

Thanks for putting it so well!!

I was wondering how to respond, and what you expressed is exactly the way I feel about it.

WORKS FOR ME!! :crayon: