1988 C4 base 300+ HP

C4in mesa

I have a new rebuild stock heads ported exhaust a little bit. Gasket matched Edelbrock 3860. SLP runners ported gasket matched big time. Comp Cam 08-501-8. Roller rocker arms 1.5 hypertech coil, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, 24lb Bosch injectors, 8mm wires, flat pistons. Hedman long tube ceramic coated headers. EGR intact passed emissions flying colors. True dual exhaust staggered Magnaflow cats. Flowmaster 44 mufflers LT-1 chrome tips.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a recent pic. I've a problem with my speedo and tach. Yesterday I saw an opportunity to open it up for a mile or two. I punched it hard and the 2:73 gears were in full glory ! My tach went to the numbers 2, 3,4 and simply stopped functioning properly until I let up off the heavy gas pedal. My speedo read a sluggish 135mph and would not keep up with my increasing speed. I was over 145 for sure.

The Dewitt fan, hard to see the 2 row all aluninum radiator, 1.5 roller rocker arms, Hedman ceramic coated long tube headers.

post-2306-0-40373800-1376269986_thumb.jp

post-2306-0-85962300-1376270045_thumb.jp

post-2306-0-23325600-1376270111_thumb.jp

post-2306-0-78442900-1376270174_thumb.jp

What kind of A/C unit is that?

Looks like the same one that was in my 89-a Nippondenso 10pa20c.

What kind of A/C unit is that?

Stock A/C has been switched over to new feon. Can't remember off hand what its called ? All the parts are GM compressor ect.

My plans are to install a shift kit B&M from Corvette Central $50. Money permitting put new polyurethane bushings both front and back. $145 bushings and $800 labor.

Failed at pointing and providing exterior shots! Otherwise looks nice, besides that emission crap they force you to have.

Now that I have a garage...registration will soon be Classic Car. Cats' will be coming off...would like to remove as much emission crap as I can get away with! But I am considering a/c from Sanden - had not seen the Nippon' before. Anything has to work better than the stock...

I kept emissions for resale value. I don't think those magnaflow cats are restricting my exhaust. This old car has balls man. It steadily gains speed over 100. I'm dying to take it somewhere safe to open it up. I can't keep doing 140 on the US60.

I was mostly referring to teh diverter valve, A.I.R. pump and it's hoses, etc...without them on there, it opens up a lot of room. There is no doubt they can be fast, mine was...

Posted Image

Posted Image

I am going to put Hagerty insurance on the car shortly. Protect all the money I sunk into this car. If something does happen to it I will buy a 2003 Z06.