NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Time To Pay My Dues

Desertdawg

A couple of months ago, I took my crewcab dually to Joe (sloryde) at Classic to get the AC fixed.

It now blows colder than when I bought it new.....

When we picked up the crewcab we dropped off Samantha's little red F150, it was keyed down the passenger side....

Once again Joe and his team did an amazing job, it's as close to perfect as it can get....

Now your thinking "Yeah but what about your vette with that 24 year old suspension".....Well we dropped it off when we picked up the F150.

All new bushings all around, and a few other worn out suspension parts, now it rides like new. and even goes straight...

I bet your thinking this all cost me an arm and a leg... well all I can say is all three bills put a smile on my face. (Jammye's too.. :D )

Big Thanks to Joe and the guys at Classic.... :thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

And Samantha say's thanks for fixing her baby too.... :thumbs

So Classic does mechanical and body work? I have a vibration at around 65 to 70 that needs looked into and I have a few scratches that need attention

Guest XLR8TNC5

Awww, what a GREAT comment to post about a great company. I always say Joe is a topnotch, down to earth, straight forward, hardworking, and honest guy and Im glad to hear you had such a positive experience.

I am soooo sorry to hear about Sam's truck. That totally blows. I can't see how anyone would ever do that to such a sweet girl! Mean people suck.

I have been contemplating a new paint job on my old 98 myself. I am planning on using Classic Gold when that time comes. So, it is great to hear your positive experience.

Take care,

Guest Chad@AZPS

Joe is a great guy to deal with and a great company. Family owned and operated you can not get much better than that. I highly recommend Joe and Mike at Classic Gold.

Chad

So Classic does mechanical and body work? I have a vibration at around 65 to 70 that needs looked into and I have a few scratches that need attention

Yep, I was pleased with the mech. work they did for me. Give Joe a call... :thumbs

sweet - he told me about the A/C - said it was blowing like 42* or something like that - i thought that was AMAZING - and considered having him replace my entire A/C system in my truck, but due to the seasonal change that is upon us, i have decided to hold off until it starts warming up again - then i'll consider it!

Thanks for the kind words. It means alot as these days people are quick to say when something goes wrong, but not when they are pleased. So to know that I pleased some of you is great. See Ya later...Joe

FWIW, I was treated very well when I took my Z06 there for an alignment, and they did a great job. When I'm ready to get rid of the AZ sandblasting I'll take it there for paint.

please tell me that you put in Poly bushings and not that rubber crap again.

Nothing lets you feel every pebble and crack in the road like poly bushings on all suspension points.

Stayed with rubber, it lasted 23 years the first time around, and I didn't want to make it stiffer...

• 2 weeks later...

wow, "sloryde" nice looking shop. You guys must be doing something right.

I have an ac question for you.... 72 vette.... blows about as hard as an asthma patient during an attack. lol well not that bad but i have to place my hand 3-5 inches from the vebt to feel it. ALSO the switch goes from off to low to high to off again... i doubt that is supposed to do that.

(the ac setup is all new as of late 05 by the previous owner of 34years)

any ideas off the top of you head?

FWIW, I was treated very well when I took my Z06 there for an alignment, and they did a great job. When I'm ready to get rid of the AZ sandblasting I'll take it there for paint.

Maybe you wouldn't have that problem if you would stay off peoples azz :cone

If it doesnt work on the highest setting then it most likely needs a high blower relay. Easy to do yourself and real cheap part to buy. You may want to give it a shot before bringing it to a shop, if not give us a call at the shop. Thanks Joe