FOR SALE - 1979 Chevrolet Corvette Sport Coupe

3,503 lbs of trouble

3,503 lbs of trouble

FOR SALE - 1979 Chevrolet Corvette Sport Coupe

* white with black interior, t-tops, rally wheels, power windows & door locks, leather seats, Pyrotect racing lap belts, tilt/telescopic steering column, JVC Chameleon CD stereo w/ remote, tinted windows, owner?s manual

* 146,000 miles on the odometer

* 350ci SBC V8 engine (L98 from an ?85 Corvette), Holley 750cfm 4bbl carburetor w/ vacuum secondaries, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake manifold, Chevrolet high torque mini starter, Holley Blue electric fuel pump, Summit fuel rail w/ fuel pressure gauge, K&N air filter, Optima battery, Hooker Headers, Bromley Performance custom 3? x-pipe side exit exhaust system, Flowmaster 40 series mufflers

* Turbo Hydra-Matic 400 automatic transmission

* 3.55 gears

* B.F. Goodrich Radial T/A tires in excellent condition

* straight and rust free frame & birdcage

* after market fiberglass front and rear bumpers

* Weather stripping has been replaced, and is in excellent condition.

This Corvette was mechanically modified in the spirit of a "hot rod", therefore please note that this vehicle currently has no emissions equipment installed. To reduce weight the AC compressor was removed, so the HVAC system (heat, ventilation & a/c) is inoperative and incomplete, and there is no spare tire or carrier. I do not have these parts, so it's up the the buyer to replace them if necessary or desired.

Currently the dashboard lights are inop. I'm told a new headlight switch will solve that problem. The oil pressure gauge is broken. I purchased a new one, and will include it but the buyer must install it. Also, certain non functioning features including the clock, dome/floor lights, parking brake, windshield wipers, cruise control, factory alarm etc. have been left inoperative because to me the cost of their repair did not equal their overall usefulness, not to mention their reputation for poor reliability once repaired.

All exterior lights work fine, and the vacuum operated headlamp doors function correctly.

This Corvette is a great driver. Although it?s not a NCRS car, it?s more than attractive enough to have won a trophy at an NCCC sanctioned Corvette/Chevy show.

Comes with owner?s manual, remnants of fuel tank build sheet & copy of GM's original dealer invoice

Car has a clean title. It's not a salvage car.

Asking $9,000.

Please e-mail corvette_fetish(at)yahoo.com for contact number.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Desertdawg

I guess thats a good thing and a bad thing all at once...

So, congrats, and I'm sorry! :huh

3,503 lbs of trouble
I guess thats a good thing and a bad thing all at once...

So, congrats, and I'm sorry! :huh

3,503 lbs of trouble
But it's time for a newer one and more & more mods!!