NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Reverse camera

Schmitty

Anyone suggest a decent backup camera? I already have built in monitor. I see a lot of types and options available

while compact, it may take a few weeks to get back the image you need to reverse out of your drive way.

Posted Image

...imjustsaying

My vette came with the odd devices, three of them in fact. They look like windows but you can't see through them, instead they reflect images. I'm able to use these along with the trick I like to call "looking behind me" to properly reverse the vette.

Desertdawg

Schmitty asked a serious question, and you two jokers are the only two replies???

This is what I did ....

Posted Image

Extender32

My Denali came with a backup camera already installed and the same with Julie's SRT8. Both cameras are so small, that unless you know where to look, you'd never see them.

Honestly, there's not a lot of difference between any of them. You likely won't have the cool "lane lines" on your display, but aftermarket backup cameras work very well in daytime and nightime. Should be in the $100-150 range. If you're installing one yourself, just get the one that looks the nicest or installs the easiest. Some will mount above the license plate and some mount on the license plate.

If you're having a shop do the installation, just get the one that looks the best.

• 2 weeks later...
JLs Mistress

Glad I could help Steve hope you are happy with the new camera ....