NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Laguna Seca.... Sunday

dale68z

We will be running with speed ventures at Laguna Seca on Sunday ,in my buddies 67 Camaro. Leaving at 6 am tomorrow, eat free food at the hotchkis open house, then,check out the new Bakersfield speedway, then stay overnight in Monterey. Next day, run Laguna Seca all day long. Monday morning deadhead back to phoenix.

The Camaro will be pulling a small trailer for race tires and other stuff. fun fun fun

I was going to go in the 71 but, they want $400 a day to run, add in fuel, tires, motel, food, the possibility of a real expensive tow. Then my buddy said I can co-drive his 67, and he will pay for everything. Well my decision was made

You better take some pictures, and don't forget your ACE shirt!

Nice track only about 2 hours south of me here in SF Bayarea. SLAMMER

Pointing....we need pointing.....btw: Green with envy-L-S is my favorite track....

Nice track only about 2 hours south of me here in SF Bayarea. SLAMMER

SLAM.....the noise limit still at 92 db for that track ?

Speed ventures has Laguna Seca listed at 105 db. on their website. SLAMMER

We are back. What a blast, the track is KILLER.

The drive there and back was great. Could not have asked for any better. Even driving the car with out AC, Just an awesome time.

The "corkscrew" turn 8

Posted Image

Just looking down from 8a to turn 9

Posted Image

coming out of turn 4, background is the main straight, which is not straight, and as you top the crest of the hill, at over 100 mph is a slight turn, no lifting allowed, at the bottom of this hill is turn 2

Posted Image

hairpin, turn 2 in the background

Posted Image

turn 9 and 10, very fast.

Posted Image

The car, rig, and driver, Tom. Car is a junkyard, carbureted 5.3 ls, with a GTO t56, 3 link rear with watts link, coilovers all around. This car was bought new by Tom's grandfather. Tom designed and built the rear suspension and front subframe. It runs 275's all around and c5 wheels. It ran, and performed flawlessly all weekend,, 1600+ miles on the road, and approx. 40 hard road course laps.

Posted Image

VenomOnWheels

I'm jealous. How did the '68 handle the track? How did you do handling Tom's car?

I didn't drive on the track, just rode along. The fast silver wrx wagon that runs in orange was also there, he ran a 1.41 Tom's best time was 1.49, not to shabby for a extreme low budget car, that has a trailer hitch and was driven to the track .

Green with envy !!!!

Congrats......that track in on the bucket list, SLAMMER !!!!!!!!!

Yes Victor, my list too! I have to install some roll over protection in order to pass TEC SLAMMER

Dale I read over the requirements of Laguna Seca on the Speed Ventures web site. Yes, I see SV has no TECS to go over your car. However it states on their website all convertibles must provide roll over protection. I'm sure someone would catch and prevent me from using the track as soon as I showed up. As the website states "NO REFUNDS due to failure to pass SOUND and TEC requirements. SLAMMER

• 3 months later...