NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

6 speed sequential shift for a Z06?

Loud Pedal

They forgot to say what made it fast was the YELLER paint on that Vette!

while that's neet and all, but they have missed the boat (by a few inches)

change that to a 6 speed sequential, with NO CLUTCH pedal, and electronic air/hydro shifting with engine rev matching built into a paddle.

people will line up around the door.

My 2 cts

I'm not sure. I just stumbled across it and thought it was a really cool idea for people who like to track their cars. I love seeing this kind of innovation.

I love this idea. It should be a GM option on the ZR1 or Z06 for people who actually want to track their cars.

I'm just not sold on the idea that a metal rod has to go through a hole in the dash. You can't get that sucker down under the console???

Guest badbobs95

They forgot to say what made it fast was the YELLER paint on that Vette!

That's why C5R and C6R cars are YELLER!!!!

How much is it?

Their website doesnt show a price.

if memory serves it was $22k

for the tranny!

while that's neet and all, but they have missed the boat (by a few inches)

change that to a 6 speed sequential, with NO CLUTCH pedal, and electronic air/hydro shifting with engine rev matching built into a paddle.

people will line up around the door.

My 2 cts

You mean kinda like an A6 with quick acting paddles?

70% of Vette buyers already line up for the slower acting paddle shifter that has the added feature of full auto mode.

Those blips on the downshift are so cool. Especially for those of us who can't dance - on a brake pedal or a dance floor.

I think this package was cheaper than the 20K+ EMCO that LG showed off a few years ago.

I'll take this, plus a Harrop Hurricane ITB setup :lol

For sure.

It'll be interesting to see what he picks up over the FAST he is currently using. I'm guessing the cam he switched to (from the Katech 116) was in support of this new manifold.

Those blips on the downshift are so cool. Especially for those of us who can't or don't drive our vette!

Fixed it for ya !

Yep, I am also keeping an eye on this build...

I see that Katech hit 606/535 so far with the new cam and heads, without the Harrop.

Bringing the compression up to 13.2:1 looks to have covered any potential torque loss they might have had with the new cam...they picked up +10 lbs/ft over the original Torquer 116/12:1 combo .

Posted Image

I saw that this morning. It is really looking good. I guess we will see with that Harrop on there what this thing actually does.

I wish I had the balls to go 13:1 . If we had more E85 availability, I would have given serious consideration to the idea.

Yep, if we lived up in that neck of the woods, it would be a no-brainer. The moonshine is just a little harder to come by down here.

WOW !!!!!! The Harrop intake without filters was pretty much a wash for PEAK HP compared to the FAST102/NW102/MF102 combo.......but LOST 19+ lbs/ft of torque and HP under the curve everywhere !!!!!

Posted Image

Maybe this manifold needs a bigger cam ??? I am suprised that the peak HP numbers are bigger, but he hasn't released the specs of the cam he's using.

There are a lot of variables I am not privy to that would help me figure this out, like how big the throttle port choke point is, how long the intake runners are, how big the valves are, and definitely the cam.