NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

A new UP Date on the Old Firebird

Final Effort

Knew it. It was a maneuver to flush Charlie (finally) and operate it themselves.

..."There’s also another motorsports venue that will be breaking ground in the near future. Check back with Arizona Auto Scene for more information."

What's the other venue, anybody know anything?

Guest badbobs95

Knew it. It was a maneuver to flush Charlie (finally) and operate it themselves.

Ya, you betcha!!!

WTH kinda line is this ???

Looking back into the recent past and ahead taking a peek into the future

Maybe we can do another ACE Fun AutoX again!!!

Ya, you betcha!!!

I'm $ure the motive$ were pretty $imple. They usually are.

• 1 month later...

I drive by the track two of three times a week and was wondering what if anything is going to happen there. Hopefully they can make some improvements to the drag strip and repave the road courses). Time will tell. Anyway, it will be nice to see it reopen.

I saw a sign company there a few days ago measuring the frames by I-10.

Well, my plan was to win the Powerball and open up an Arizona Mile Shootout track at Firebird.

But, FAIL!

Need to order up some new tires and get my car ready for 1-2 passes before they boot me off.

Now the moostang should be fun to race. Hopefully it can be cracking off 11.9s soon enough.

VenomOnWheels

Need to order up some new tires and get my car ready for 1-2 passes before they boot me off.

Now the moostang should be fun to race. Hopefully it can be cracking off 11.9s soon enough.

Are you and/or Lisa going to use the steering wheels on those cars to do some road racing at Wild Horse Motorsports Park, or are you planning to just rip down the quarter mile?

I've done enough road racing to kill a few check books. If I did do road racing it would be with clip ons, not a steering wheel. Raced the MOM series up at Miller Motorsports park for a few seasons. Put 8k miles one year just on the track bike between races/track days/etc.

Posted Image

Exactly. I took my Tuono out for a few track days. That was a blast too. Needs better brakes though.

I've done enough road racing to kill a few check books. If I did do road racing it would be with clip ons, not a steering wheel. Raced the MOM series up at Miller Motorsports park for a few seasons. Put 8k miles one year just on the track bike between races/track days/etc.

Posted Image

Wow...great pic, very cool. When I grow up I want to race bikes.

• 2 weeks later...

That is 2 weeks away. So they are going to reopen before resurfacing then close down again to resurface?

The story was on azcentral.com today. It sounds like they have been re-paving already. I drove by today and they were cleaning the track that parallels I-10.

• 1 month later...

Anyone else see this ???

THIS weekend at Wild Horse Motorsports Park (formerly Firebird International Raceway). They're having a 2-day 'last chance to go down the old track' fun event, with flag start, no timing system, no trophies, no payout but with full track prep. $25 car/driver, $10 crew/spectator (each day).

See the attached flyer for details, but please note that this IS DRAG RACING BOTH SATURDAY & SUNDAY, Oct 5/6 (not just Sunday as the flyer kind of implies). Saturday is also hosting a fun car show. After this weekend, the track will be closed for major upgrades until the middle of December.

post-3-0-44779500-1380742957_thumb.jpg