NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

SIR TnT in Tucson 6/28/2013

FNBADAZ06

Southwestern International Raceway in Tucson is looking to get more street cars out to their track, and I told them we have several members on this board (and another) that might want to roll out on a TnT night for some fun.

Anyone here interested in going to the Friday June 28, 2013 TnT event ?

Any of the Tucson/Yuma/Southern AZ members run at the track ?

Marana Rich

I will in the future, after I get some miles on mine.

I will in the future, after I get some miles on mine.

Start driving, Rich !!!! :lol

Here is the problem with SIR from extensive experience;

1) TnT brings out the idiots

2) Idiots end up leaking all over the track

3) Track sits forever waiting to be cleaned

4) Team Members and other groups go before TnT consitantly. (Although as a Team member I have not figured out how to be included in this...)

5) You end up paying 25.00 and being lucky to get 4 runs.

SIR before the idiots is just fine, but they half the time don't catch things on the track. (I ended up spinning in 4th and almost hitting the wall because they missed something and had no clue until I pushed them to go look)

I was out at the week before's TnT getting ready for the team race and spent the night waiting all damn night long for hours. It was a waste of time and nothing but one track incident after another.

So it can be hit or miss but these are all things you should consider. SIR is a track I enjoy... when it does not turn into a night of hurry up and wait.

Bummer........I hot lapped almost the entire night, and they had a FNF race going on, but only 16 or so cars in that group.

I made 12 passes on Friday night, and could've done more.

Maybe 20 or less street cars showed up for TnT.

Played there once when it was cooler and ran a solid .5 sec slower than Phx. 3000' el. and 100* doesn't interest me much.

Played there once when it was cooler and ran a solid .5 sec slower than Phx. 3000' el. and 100* doesn't interest me much.

We would be going for the heads-up dragracing part, and not for any PB ET chasing.

MikeG and MikeS are ready to crush all comers, so other than MikeS being bottle fed, the DA will equally suck for all us N/A cars :)

I would want to go just to try and pick up on how you guys cut such great 60 foots and anything else I can.

We would be going for the heads-up dragracing part, and not for any PB ET chasing.

MikeG and MikeS are ready to crush all comers, so other than MikeS being bottle fed, the DA will equally suck for all us N/A cars :)

You really don't expect me to play heads-up with you guys, now do ya? Just because I'm the only guy around with stock internals who's been in the 10's, doesn't mean I enjoy being beat up by the big HP bullies. :nutkick:

Actually, I'm not racing again until my house is done. It's a priority thing.

You really don't expect me to play heads-up with you guys, now do ya? Just because I'm the only guy around with stock internals who's been in the 10's, doesn't mean I enjoy being beat up by the big HP bullies. :nutkick:

Hey there......I went 10's on stock internals :)

You just need to start using pysch op's on those bullies.......mind games to catch them sleeping at the tree :lol

Hey there......I went 10's on stock internals :)

You just need to start using pysch op's on those bullies.......mind games to catch them sleeping at the tree :lol

OK, so LS3 stock internals.

Yeah! It worked on you once, but I had to leave early the second time. :burnout2

• 1 month later...

My last trip at SIR was ok (TnT). The track was actually preped decent. My issues was waiting all day/night to get passes in. I was only able to get three runs in. My first two runs were close to back to back, then I waited a few hours to get my last run in. After that I said screw it and left. I also understand I can't expect to hot lap, nor do I want to but waiting over two hours for one pass is silly imo. Just my two cents.

My last trip at SIR was ok (TnT). The track was actually preped decent. My issues was waiting all day/night to get passes in. I was only able to get three runs in. My first two runs were close to back to back, then I waited a few hours to get my last run in. After that I said screw it and left. I also understand I can't expect to hot lap, nor do I want to but waiting over two hours for one pass is silly imo. Just my two cents.

Tony - My two cents is you need to update your profile data. 02 QS? Long gone buddy..... Those were the days.

Tony - My two cents is you need to update your profile data. 02 QS? Long gone buddy..... Those were the days.

Re-read my sig SGM lol. It says "past" Vettes.Those were the days though! Next time you're in town give me a call. My car is a little bit different than the last time you saw it;)