Ted did some magic on my black Grand Sport today

Ted came over and did a cleaning, a cut, a polish, prepped and then applied OptiCoat on my black 2011 Grand Sport. It looks better than when it left the factory. Car has 21 K on it and looks brand new.

I am very impressed with Ted's attention to detail, work ethic and communication skills. He has some pictures and hopes to get them posted this weekend.

Thanks again Ted. Can't wait for some help with the C3 Pace Car when your schedule frees up.

Much Respect,

Chris

ted has "Yodered" two of my cars and im waiting in line for my third car.

he does fantastic work.

Hey Chris, thanks for the kind words. I have to say, one of the perks of being on ACE and detailing cars is meeting some car people. Chris (harleypower69) is one of those guys. He's got two Vettes, a springer Harley, and a turbo V8 BMW daily driver... Guess what? They're all black! Can you say jealous? Black is my love/hate car and I'll show you why in a minute.

Anyway, his GS was a low mile, newer car that looked just fine from 10 feet. Here's what I mean. After a good wash with the soap gun and a good sheepskin mit, the clean car...

Posted Image

You always want to look at the car with a strong light. An inspection showed that although there were virtually no sever scratches, there were a moderate amount of swirl marks. These always show up in the sun or from a flash of camera. This is a good way of seeing what the surface of the clear coat looks like.

Rear quarter panel:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Normally, the vertical surfaces are in better shape than the horizontal panels like the hood, trunk and roof. I also saw some minor water spotting in addition to the swirls.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That's the hate part of black. It just seems to want to look.... imperfect. Well, here's the good part of owning a black car, once it is actually smooth and clear and free of swirls. There are always deep scratches, but you can make the paint just dazzle the eye so it doesn't matter! Here are the after pics!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Bromley's Corvettes

Damn that GS looks great I cant wait to see the 78 Pace Car when your done with it:) I will want some pix for my site. Not many 78 Pace Cars with Edlbrock package and so clean.

Ted came over

Yeah, you teased him with an air conditioned garage didn't you?

He said hell no when I asked him to come over to my car port!

Your GS looks killer, can't wait to see the 78 done!

Bromley's Corvettes

Ted how did you like that road to his house lol. I was on a Heavy Harley and had Melissa on back it was fun keeping the bike up and not hitting any big ace rocks lol.

Ted came over

Yeah, you teased him with an air conditioned garage didn't you?

He said hell no when I asked him to come over to my car port!

Your GS looks killer, can't wait to see the 78 done!

Yes, I think the 76 degree working environment was a win from what Ted was saying :black vette: . Thanks, the GS is such an upgrade from my C 3. The C 3 is just not made for AZ summer heat; engine runs cool but cabin, not so much. The paint on that 1978 in original and it shows it with the usual, cracks and orange peeling. It will always be a great ten foot car until it gets a gel coat and paint. It will be seriously improved by Ted's processes I have no doubt.

Ted how did you like that road to his house lol. I was on a Heavy Harley and had Melissa on back it was fun keeping the bike up and not hitting any big ace rocks lol.

Doug,

Rumor has it that the county may be paving it, they need to address drainage from Skunk Creek Wash first though. They already surveyed here early this spring. I agree it sucks on a bike, my springer is like a pogo stick on the loose rocks, lol. If I do ten MPH or less I barely get any dust on the vehicles. You were a definite hardcore to ride up here that day when it was about 110 outside.

One major upgrade for the C3 out here was to install a C4 blower, it fits inside the C3 airbox and only needed a small mounting plate, I can dig up the template if you want it.

The C4 blower moved about 10 times more air inside the cabin and even if your factory correct it was a GM part and it was hidden inside!

Bromley's Corvettes

Doug,

Rumor has it that the county may be paving it, they need to address drainage from Skunk Creek Wash first though. They already surveyed here early this spring. I agree it sucks on a bike, my springer is like a pogo stick on the loose rocks, lol. If I do ten MPH or less I barely get any dust on the vehicles. You were a definite hardcore to ride up here that day when it was about 110 outside.

It would be nice if they pave it. I enjoyed the test to see if I could make it would out dumping the bike or the girl lol.

Bromley's Corvettes

One major upgrade for the C3 out here was to install a C4 blower, it fits inside the C3 airbox and only needed a small mounting plate, I can dig up the template if you want it.

The C4 blower moved about 10 times more air inside the cabin and even if your factory correct it was a GM part and it was hidden inside!

I do the C4 blower motor up grade it makes a big difference. I also do a/c up grade kits and high flow fans for the radiator so it keeps everything cooler. With side pipes you should not be getting too much heat in side.