NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Grape Ape

Some of you might know that I had a little battery issue. That has been resolved but I have another problem that I think will cure itself but not sure. When my battery was dead, it was DEAD. Put a charger on it and it came back. But my TPMS and the key fobs didn't register. So now I got the TPMS working by driving it around the block. Will I need to drive it more to get the BCM to recognize the fobs again? I tried to reprogram them but it won't recognize them at all. I get into the program mode on the DIC and when press the lock and unlock it should see them withing 5 seconds it says. I get nothing. So I was wondering if the car needs to relearn things to get back to normal?

Sit inside the car. Hold the FOB underneath the dash and then press and hold the lock and unlock buttons down until you here the horn beep. That should reprogram them. If that doesn't work, change the batteries in it and try again. If that doesn't work, I don't know.

Thanks Sean. I have tried the button hold down thing a few times. I am having a hard time thinking that the batteries are dead in both remotes at the same time but who knows. I am going to take it to work tonight and see if that might help, get it on a little trip and let it reset itself. If not I will see about the batteries. Then it will be off to a shop that knows more then me. Can't even program them like they were new remotes. Thinking the battery being so dead is the cause of this problem.

Driving to work didn't help so I will change the battery in the fobs and see what happens. Seems like everything else seems to be working though. Later this week I will try the batteries.

Got the batteries changed out for the fobs. Did the lock, unlock thing and I now have 1 good fob. The other one didn't want to beep the car so I will see if I can get it reprogrammed for the car on my days off. To hot in the garage right now to play with it.

Finally had some time to check this out. The first remote worked fine after I changed the fob battery. Did the lock unlock thing and I got the beep. The second remote I wasn't so lucky on. With a new fob battery installed, I was able to do the relearn through the DIC. So the good news is I now have both remotes working again. Hard to believe but both batteries in the fobs were dead. So it looks like Sean was right with the fob battery change. Didn't think both batteries would be dead but you just never know til you try I guess. Thanks for all the help everyone. Car is back to normal now and I made sure the switch for the dome lights is in the O F F position.