Welcome To Quadracr

Desertdawg

:party Welcome Tracy :party

Year of Corvette 1995 Color Admiral blue

I can't wait to see some pictures of your Admiral Blue C4... :thumbs

Desertdawg

Thanks guys, I already feel like family. I'm new to Vettes, but not to cars. First career (I'm on my third) I was a tech for Chrysler, GM and Toyota. Also worked on everything from track vehicles to garbage trucks.

I have a disease called boostitis. I can't keep anything stock. Currently the only wheel vehicle that is stock is my mountain bike. :D

I bought the car as a daily driver until I get the engine done in my project truck. Then comes the sandrail, and then the boat and finally the Vette will get a little help. It doesn't need much. It currently has stage 2 work on the heads with Ferrera(sp) valves and intake work done all by MTI. Hot cams and crane 1.6 gold roller rockers.

160 t-stat, Hooker headers and full custom exhaust with or without cats. Lingenfelter 52mm tb with airfoil, k&n filter,afpr with gauge on rail, and custom tune. I think thats it for the engine.

Tranny has stage 2 clutch with new hydraulics and at least one hd spicer ujoint courtesy of the MSD 2 step controller. I was told the IRS rear end doesn't like the launch characteristics of the 2 step :lol

GS calipers on front because they say Corvette and new brake booster. Lots of other little stuff Opti, knock sensors, o2 sensors, plugs, wires.

It's a good start, but when it's time to really get serious I plan on doing a 396 kit with blower cam and pistons with a Vortech supercharger thrown on for good measure.

post-428-1157429693.jpg

Thanks guys, I already feel like family. I'm new to Vettes, but not to cars. First career (I'm on my third) I was a tech for Chrysler, GM and Toyota. Also worked on everything from track vehicles to garbage trucks.

I have a disease called boostitis. I can't keep anything stock. Currently the only wheel vehicle that is stock is my mountain bike. :D

I bought the car as a daily driver until I get the engine done in my project truck. Then comes the sandrail, and then the boat and finally the Vette will get a little help. It doesn't need much. It currently has stage 2 work on the heads with Ferrera(sp) valves and intake work done all by MTI. Hot cams and crane 1.6 gold roller rockers.

160 t-stat, Hooker headers and full custom exhaust with or without cats. Lingenfelter 52mm tb with airfoil, k&n filter,afpr with gauge on rail, and custom tune. I think thats it for the engine.

Tranny has stage 2 clutch with new hydraulics and at least one hd spicer ujoint courtesy of the MSD 2 step controller. I was told the IRS rear end doesn't like the launch characteristics of the 2 step :lol

GS calipers on front because they say Corvette and new brake booster. Lots of other little stuff Opti, knock sensors, o2 sensors, plugs, wires.

It's a good start, but when it's time to really get serious I plan on doing a 396 kit with blower cam and pistons with a Vortech supercharger thrown on for good measure.

Hey Tracy, thats a sweet C4 ya got there! Did some burn-out hippie type give you an ACE card at a gas station recently? :lol Yup, has to be the same car...it was ME! I knew it sounded "healthy"! :thumbs Welcome again to ACE, lots of mod-minded 'vette freaks here! Look forward to running into you again, L8R - Dean

Thats cool, I wondered when someone was going to take the blame for allowing me into the group lol Thanks for the invite, I think I'm going to enjoy it here. So when is the next get together?

Thats cool, I wondered when someone was going to take the blame for allowing me into the group lol Thanks for the invite, I think I'm going to enjoy it here. So when is the next get together?

Check in the "Events" section, but most every weekend there are people gettin together, even if its not totally about Corvettes! :drinkers This coming weekend there's a group of us going to learn 'detailing' from some masters, see thread: Corvette Saturday - its all the way across the valley for us West-siiiiders :chris , but Phil's car is super-clean, so he must know some secret stuff! :lol Anyway, if thats too far or something, it kinda cycles from location to location, north, south, east, and west for the events...so just watch the posts, there will be something going on "close by" sooner or later.... :toetap

Also, if you need advice or just an extra set of hands, just holler, somebody will chime in or be able to help. :thumbs - Dean

Guest XLR8TNC5

:howdy Welcome to ACE and I have to say I love that color!

Also, you are going to fit right in here at ACE. There are a lot of us "MOD HEADS" here in the group. We all pretty much suck at trying to stay stock for long. lol. I recently had all my mods listed in my signature, but took it out, as I was starting to notice a trend. lol.... Everytime I read the list, I realized what else I was missing that I need to do. lol. Doesn't go well with my budget. lol.

Again Welcome to ACE and we look forward to getting to know ya!