NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Stupid Trucks

GoNSyco

Well I was heading into work on the 60 on Tuesday. Just cruisin along around 70-75, so not speeding to bad. I'm behind this lifted Ford and can't see anything in front of him. All of a sudden some Styrofoam boards come flying from in front of him and tag me on the bumper. The thing explodes and just showers the car. I didn't see who the boards came from or else I woulda followed them and got there info. Well I get to work and go check out what happened. Well I guess at those speeds it turns into sandpaper, if it doesn't burn. I need to get the front bumper repainted and wanted to know your guys suggestions. I'm hesitant to just get the bumper repainted but my buddy says he knows a guy who guarantee's his work to match perfectly. If I do repaint the whole car, I'm very tempted to change the color and get a custom paint. I'll post some pics tonight of the damage. Also curious as to what I could have done legally if I knew who decided not to secure those boards in there truck bed?

Eddie 44's repaint came out GREAT. I'm sure he will chime in on this one.

OUCH!!! Did not expect to see that! Good luck with the fix!

If you'd have seen where they came from I have no doubt you could have held them liable.

I got hit and the entire driver's side was replaced and the entire Vette repainted. I had it done at Ric's in the Scottsdale Airpark. I was warned that there are two Ric's and they're brothers but you don't want to use the one on Cave Creek. I think they did a dynamite job. They sanded between coats for additional $$. They told me if they hadn't had it apart at the expense of the insurance co. the paint job would have been about $10k alone. It cost me $2,300 over what insurance paid.

That sux :eek

You are probably looking at over $500-$700 bills easy, for front fascia alone, easy, same color.

Initially I thought a buff would help you out, but not if some of that burned through the clear and paint :ack

I had Rick at Classic Gold Auto Body (something like that) paint the TS nose of my car.

The key is if the car has not been the sun to have the Clear Coat Oxodise (sp?). If that happens then you have to Color match. If not then he can repaint the nose and you will never know.

FYI my car has 58K mi and he was able to paint the nose off the car and have it match perfectley.

chad

I have also had some work done at Classic Gold in Tempe. Good bunch of people. Work came out really nice. Man, that is aweful. We all feel for ya. :(

My buddy that does all my detailing said that I'm gonna have a hard time getting the insurance company to pay for a repaint. He said he can wetsand and buff most of it out and then use a touchup pen, and it'll be close. But I don't want it to be close, it wasn't close before. What should I say to the insurance company? And this friend wouldn't charge me either for his 10+ hours of detailing and what not so he isn't saying this just to get business. Is there a way to make them repaint the front end?

It's amazing that something light weight can do so much damage when you get it going about 70 MPH.

Tracy hit a piece of cardboard once and it put a crease in the front edge of the hood and a dent further back on the hood. It's not like it was a box, it was just a single piece of cardboard. It wasn't her thin skinned Toyota either, this happend to a 1978 Chevy.

It's hard to tell from your pics, is there primer showing?

If not then it would be great if you could make it to the detail day this sat. at Phil's house. I think we could at least make it look allot better for now with some wet sanding, and buffer work. Plus we needed something to demo on anyway....

If it is primer, then it would still be great as a demo, if you don't mind us using it as a learning tool...

Let me talk to the insurance adjuster tomorrow and see if they'll even repaint it. My detailer saw the damage last night and he said he can get it out with wet sanding and about 5hrs. I just don't want this to look less than perfect, like it was before the damage.