NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

I Feel Like I'm In A Pickle...

Guest fasteddy

Guest fasteddy

I feel like I'm in a pickle of a situation.

Ok, so I just got my first Vette about 8 weeks ago. Not my first sports car, but my first Vette. I am not a Vette loyalist, but I do enjoy performance automobiles in general. My car is an 1987 auto coupe. I have spent the last 4-6 weeks, tuning it up, fixing all the mechanical issues, and making more my style (wheels, tint, etc.). It is a good car, with only about 68K or so on it, and I am pretty sure I have gotten all the mechical bugs worked out of it to make it a good reliable daily driver which was the plan when orignally got it.

However, after all of this work and money, although the car looks and runs great, I am still not happy. You see my dream car is a Mustang GT Convertible. I had one a few years back and have regreted trading it in every day since. In all reality I settled for the Vette because it was such a good deal.

Even though I spent all this money and have a nice car, I REALLY REALLY want to get rid of it already and get my dream car again. Is that stupid? I am just a spoiled brat? What's my deal?

-Ryan

Well, I have an 86 coupe and totally love it, but then again I am a loyalist. But, this past weekend I did jump on a 06 Mustang GT for my wife. So now we have two sports cars. I can understand your love for them as this one is fun to drive and it is a 5 speed. Soooo, why don't you keep the vette and also get the mustang? Or are you still paying on the vette?

Do you have to get rid of the vette to get the stang?

By the way, FORD is offering a great deal on the 06s. 0 finance charges and 0 interest rate, even on the GT.

Kameron

i'm gonna go out ona limb and say i don't think he can afford both cars - as i believe he is a young 'un (don't mean to insult, just not really sure about your personal situation)

as far as cars go, you really need to follow your heart - nothing sucks worse than having to drive a car you don't like.

mustangs are nice - and can be made VERY fast for straight line running - however, if you think they can hang with a vette in cornering - FORGET IT

maybe come out on a run with us and see just what the car can do, maybe we will make a believer out of you!

Guest fasteddy
Well, I have an 86 coupe and totally love it, but then again I am a loyalist. But, this past weekend I did jump on a 06 Mustang GT for my wife. So now we have two sports cars. I can understand your love for them as this one is fun to drive and it is a 5 speed. Soooo, why don't you keep the vette and also get the mustang? Or are you still paying on the vette?

Do you have to get rid of the vette to get the stang?

By the way, FORD is offering a great deal on the 06s. 0 finance charges and 0 interest rate, even on the GT.

Kameron

I don't have to get rid of it, but it would probably just rot in my garage, and I am sure there are plenty of enthusiasts who would love to enjoy it.

The Zero financing deal is awesome, but I haven't had any luck finding a GT with Leather and a 5spd. However, I have found a couple in town that are almost exactly like the one I traded in.

Where did you go to get yours? Were there any other 5spds on the lot?

i'm gonna go out ona limb and say i don't think he can afford both cars - as i believe he is a young 'un (don't mean to insult, just not really sure about your personal situation)

as far as cars go, you really need to follow your heart - nothing sucks worse than having to drive a car you don't like.

mustangs are nice - and can be made VERY fast for straight line running - however, if you think they can hang with a vette in cornering - FORGET IT

maybe come out on a run with us and see just what the car can do, maybe we will make a believer out of you!

How did you know I was a "young' un"? I am not that young, 27 to be exact. But I do realize that its definately not going to handle like any Vette, but thats OK, I am not trying for any speed records, I mainly trying speeding tickets.... :D

It's not that I don't think the car is fast or handles great, because it does, its just not a Mustang, and I think in my mind, I thought that being able to modify it would make up for that fact that I was settling, when in reality, I have found out it can't.

If you got a Mustang then we couldn't call you FastEddy anymore :lol:lol

Man....I love that name....I even have vanity plates to match!!!

:agree

My Brother drives a girls car...(MUSTANG 06GT) :smilelol ....he loves it and I love my vette but my 6yr old vette still beats his brand spanking new one........

Look, I'm a firm believer in loving what you drive, ...since you're writing the check$ anyway, might as well be for a ride you look forward to driving. If you're a "Mustang guy" then start shopping, man. :thumbs

But be prepared to Fix Or Repair Daily! :D

Guest intmd8r
Look, I'm a firm believer in loving what you drive, ...since you're writing the check$ anyway, might as well be for a ride you look forward to driving. If you're a "Mustang guy" then start shopping, man. :thumbs

But be prepared to Fix Or Repair Daily! :D

:agree

On the flip side, I've always been a Chevy/GM loyalist and have driven many F-Bodies. When they went bye-bye and it came time to replace my '99 Z28, I bit the bullet and got a brand new '03 Mach 1 Mustang. In the end, I felt EXACTLY like you do (only flipped because I couldn't STAND the Mustang) and I ended up trading it in after only about 9 months and it still wasn't soon enough.

Look, drive what you love if you're an enthusiast. I thought the Mustang was the most uncomfortable and un-user-friendly car I've ever driven in my life, but that could be in part because I really just have never liked them and my heart was somewhere else. If you don't love the Vette and your heart is somewhere else, then you should follow it.

Good luck!

I got my wife's mustang in Prescott on Willow Creek Rd. They had one left with leather and stick. We did not want the leather. It is Grey.

As for the cornering, yeah they suck at that. Put they are balsy straight.

I still love my vette over that FORD car. Just had to keep the Princess happy.

We have a saying at my house "if Momma isn't happy nobody's happy" :lol:lol

We have a saying at my house "if Momma isn't happy nobody's happy" :lol:lol

Not here.

I've loved vette's since I was old enough to appreciate cars. My fav is a '67 with 427, but no way I can afford that. But I used to ride bikes (ZX-9R to be exact). When I got divorced the bike had to go bye bye. :(

New wife was dead set against me getting another bike. One day I said "OK, I'll give up on the bike...but...I'm gonna get a vette."

She said "OK."

So here we are...and will do my damndest to always have one from now til I die. :D

So the saying is...if Daddy's not happy...no one is happy. :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

FastEddie,

We have a Mustang GT convert on this forum!

Sidewinder can probably help you find a nice Mustang!

He REALLY wanted a new Shelby Mustang but settled for a Z06!! :willy:rolf:willy:rolf

PM him, I know he can direct you to forums and boards if that is what you are after!!

Take a ride with him OR his wife and see if you still want a Mustang!! :eek:eek

Ken

OMG :willy Not only is it a FORD, but its YELLOW! :eek

J/K :lol Nice 'stang Mark.

But seriously, shouldn't this forum have some kinda automatic Ford picture blocker...? :D

Sorry for the hijack! You 'stang owners get a room, jeeze!

Ok I admit it Ive owned a ford before :crazy but after the first engine rebuild I clearly saw the error of my ways and besides I was only 16 (young and foolish still) and have only owned chevy ever since!!!!!!! I just didnt care for the way ford designed their v-8 with the whole oil pan, timing chain cover and water pump all interconnected and taking half a day just to replace a water pump when my chevy takes maybe 30 minutes :lol

I just couldnt bare to show my face proudly behind the wheel of a mustang and believe me for what Ive got invested in this vette I probably could have bought a couple of cobra,s but f*%k that!!!!!!

I love my vette like its one of the family (Im very serious) ;) and look for reasons to go some where just to rip through the gears even if its only for a minute or two and its a trip to the store to buy tampax for the wifey. I wanted a vette ever since I was about nine years old and now that I have it I can safely say it was well worth the wait and wouldnt recomend a ford to even my worst enemy Remember FRIENDS DONT LET FRIENDS BUY FORDS and if your dont have any friends I'll be your friend and say STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

just my :2cents hope I didnt upset anyone!!!

FastEddie,

We have a Mustang GT convert on this forum!

Sidewinder can probably help you find a nice Mustang!

He REALLY wanted a new Shelby Mustang but settled for a Z06!! :willy:rolf:willy:rolf

PM him, I know he can direct you to forums and boards if that is what you are after!!

Take a ride with him OR his wife and see if you still want a Mustang!! :eek:eek

Ken

what he really needs to do is ride with someone with a REALLY FAST C4 - too bad we can't get ZIX to take him for a ride - the guy's putting down almost 440 to the wheels in his 96 383 LT4!!!!!!

the reason i say someone with a fast C4 is that they are definitely MORE RARE in our group than fast C5s!

HEY JMARTIN - ever tried to change a water pump on a L98 vette? just FYI - for my first time, it took me almost 10 hours JUST TO GET THE PUMP OFF!!!!!

while i may be a retard - it shouldn't take 10 hours to remove ANYTHING from a car even with food and beer breaks!!!!