NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Bryan Seery's Vette

Guest arthuramazing

Guest arthuramazing

Spent about an hour on the phone Bryan. Nice guy. He is asking 16k for his 1980 Vette. He assures me most of you are familar with his car and can vouch for it. Here's the info in case you are not.....

Engine: GM Performance Parts ZZ4 engine. 355 Horsepower with 405 foot/lbs torque. 10.0:1 Comp. ratio 58 CC aluminum cylinder heads, Dual pattern hydraulic roller camshaft, LT4 forged steel crankshaft, forged connecting rods.

Holly Projection fuel injection conversion. 700 CFM throttle body injection. Professionally tuned, starts on the first try all year round, runs without missing a beat in any weather or altitude. Computer controlled system can be modified or monitored with a laptop computer, software and spare parts included. Computer controlled ignition system also. This combination with the overdrive transmission allows for 20+ MPG on the interstate, instant throttle response and does not need adjusting for season or altitude.

Spal dual electric fans with controller. This car has never overheated even while cruising in 110+ degree weather.

Transmission: Bow Tie Overdrives Stage II 700R4 transmission. 4 speed auto (overdrive). TV Made EZ throttle valve system, nice firm shifts. Overdrive allows low first gear and cruising at 75 MPH at 2200 RPM.

Rear end: 3.73 rear gears with positraction. Posi rebuilt, new bearings and seals installed 11/03.

Suspension: Front: Rebuilt with poly urethane bushings, new ball joints, new bearings and seals. Steeroids rack and pinion conversion installed May 2004. Car drives down the road with 2 fingers and is very easy to steer and cuts down on “wandering” on the interstate. Lowered 460 lb front springs. 9 position adjustable shocks.

Rear: Mono-composite rear spring, 340 lb rate, 9 position adjustable shocks. Trailing arms, bearings and parking brakes all rebuilt 11/2003.

Brakes: Front: Drilled and slotted rotors, new pads, Vette Brakes O ring calipers and stainless steel brake lines installed 5/2004. Rear: Vette Brake calipers and stainless steel brake lines included but not installed (not due yet).

Wheels: 1991-1996 Corvette wheels. 17x8.5 fronts with Nitto 255/50/17’s and 17x9.5 rears with Nitto 275/50/17 tires. All are in excellent condition with plenty of tread. Also have spare set of wheels with tires mounted; wheels are in good shape with some scuffs and scrapes. Spare set can be used to mount drag / autocross tires.

Exhaust: Hedman ceramic coated headers with A.I.R. system, 50 state emissions legal. Dual 2 ½ exhaust with high flow catalytic converters. Dual chrome tip exhaust outlets. Nice sporty sound with no interior drone.

Interior: Factory leather seats with no rips or tears. Carpet in good condition, no rips either. Door panels in good condition, minor scuff on driver’s door panel. Gages work, except clock (digital clock in radio instead), Blaupunkt AM/FM/CD player in red with steering wheel mounted remote control. Upgraded speakers in front and rear. Rear defrost, remote mirrors, power windows, power locks, tilt / telescopic steering.

Exterior: Bright red paint in good condition. No major scratches, scrapes or cracks. Minor bubbles in paint on hood. Acrylic t-tops, much lighter and stronger than glass tops. They store easily in the back with their own bags to protect them.

Needs new A/C line - $125 + system recharge. A/C has always worked and blows cold, but line cracked and I do not want to fix just to sell the car.

This 1980 Corvette has had all major items replaced and upgraded, this car needs nothing else. It is a true street / strip performer and wonderful interstate cruiser.

Price: NADA Guide shows average retail at $14,113 and high retail at $19,788.

Stock condition 1980-1982’s list for $12,999 - $15,999 with none of the upgrades or major repairs that this car has had.

Over $24,000 invested, for sale at $16,000.

And a link to the same info plus photos...

http://arizonavette.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1055

Any advice is appreciated! You can pm me or email me at amazingarthur@cox.net

I would only say you can believe anything Bryan tells you about it's condition. Unlike other sellers Bryan will tell you just like it is and not candy coat anything. If he tells you it has minor bubbles on the hood you can trust they are minor, etc. If I was shopping for a C3 Vette I would definitely consider Bryan's.

:agree

Bryan is down to earth and definately took care of his car. I wouldn't doubt anything he says about it....

Andrew

After working on Bryan's vette, I can say that he didn't cheat on any of it. it's all there...

A great build for a good price. :thumbs:thumbs

But if you buy it, Don't expect me to spill any more blood on it..... Just joking. :jester

I put in allot of hours on it with Bryan. And his truck too.... :ack

he's selling? i thought he'd never part with that car!!!!

like eddie said, if bryan says it, so it shall be!

he's a "good 'ol boy" type - he's gonna tall you how it is - that's for sure!

i too can vouch for some of the work - i was there for the motor pull party - where is Vic Guido when you need him again!

that car is sharp - it gets up and goes - and with his suspension upgrades, i'll hang with the C4s in the twisties!!!!

good luck with the purchase - i'm certain you will NOT be disappointed with that purchase!!!!

that car is sharp - it gets up and goes - and with his suspension upgrades, i'll hang with the C4s in the twisties!!!!

:withstupid Nice car and always Luved!

Guest arthuramazing

Thank you for all the comments on Bryan's car. Sounds like he is a great guy. I have a vette guy in Tennessee going to check it out this weekend.

I'm not crazy about the red interior, but other than that, I really like it. I just don't want a project car.

Thank you for all the comments on Bryan's car. Sounds like he is a great guy. I have a vette guy in Tennessee going to check it out this weekend.

I'm not crazy about the red interior, but other than that, I really like it. I just don't want a project car.

a project car.....THIS ISN'T - a GREAT driver that has had the best of the best done to it....THIS IS! :thumbs

a project car.....THIS ISN'T - a GREAT driver that has had the best of the best done to it....THIS IS! :thumbs

:agree But that said, don't forget it's a 25 yr old C3. There will be things to repair, replace and generally tinker with. Will it need major repair I doubt it. Just don't fool yourself into thinking you're buying a new C6 for C3 prices.

There's nothing I can add that hasn't been said... :agree

WITH ALL!

I guesshowever, I could say I've never seen that 'vette in my rear view mirror.

Update: Sale fell through. Arthur decided not to buy, and I have also decided not to sell.

I was looking to get another project car (chevelle, nova, camaro) in the 1967-1973 era. I can't even find a decent project car for the price of selling my completed project Corvette.

I guess I will keep it, fix the A/C and the dash and just keep it in good shape for cruising.

Update: Sale fell through. Arthur decided not to buy, and I have also decided not to sell.

I was looking to get another project car (chevelle, nova, camaro) in the 1967-1973 era. I can't even find a decent project car for the price of selling my completed project Corvette.

I guess I will keep it, fix the A/C and the dash and just keep it in good shape for cruising.

I see nothing wrong with that either...I'm glad to hear you're keeping it.

The Vega isn't enough of a project for you? :huh

my thoughts exactly - unless it's no longer a project, and just something he races when he can.

i'd love an older project, but i want a '55 2 door with a big block!!!!

my thoughts exactly - unless it's no longer a project, and just something he races when he can.

i'd love an older project, but i want a '55 2 door with a big block!!!!

Well, I am still doing some work on the Vega. I have to re-wire some sub-standard wiring that may have caused problems later on.

But Chris is right, I can't drive that car to cruises and car shows and fun runs.

When I get to re-do the interior on the Vette I am going to change it over to bright red like the interior on the C5. New door skins, new carpet and new seat skins - all in a bright torch red.

Just need to find the time and a good upholstery shop here in M.Boro.