NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Engine Cleaning????? Help

Don&Patty

What do you use to clean your engine and engine compartment at home. I know some use Simple Green but that stuff makes my eyes water for two days after. What else is their and any problem with electrical components?

I think the first time I usually clean an engine bay with Simple Green or an Engine Degreaser. After that, I usually will use a damp cloth with soap and water to wipe down the dust. I try to wipe the engine compartment of the Vette at least everytime I wipe down the outside. Typically once a week.

:agree Those two have a couple of the cleanest engine bays on this board.

Guest UVETTYA

You can dilute the Simple Green 50/50 and it's not so caustic. I use it full strength on my tires, wheels and wheel wells.

Steve

I don't allow the GTO to have a dirty engine........ :D

Andrew

You supervise Melissa cleaning it weekly huh? :lol:lol

I don't allow the GTO to have a dirty engine........ :D

Andrew

You supervise Melissa cleaning it weekly huh? :lol:lol

Where's that 'O RLY' smilie? As if!

Oh, and our cars are nowhere near as dirty as Chris', but they are not all that clean either..... :leaving

M~

I have heard some use Windex on their engine compartments. If it's mainly dirt/dust from AC fans, just a water rinse should work, being careful around your battry area/ computer. No need to soak it, then detail with whatever product you like on plastic parts, and or wax the painted areas :thumbs

I too like a clean engine area :cone

I have heard some use Windex on their engine compartments. If it's mainly dirt/dust from AC fans, just a water rinse should work, being careful around your battry area/ computer. No need to soak it, then detail with whatever product you like on plastic parts, and or wax the painted areas :thumbs

I too like a clean engine area :cone

:agree:thumbs