• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loud Pedal

• Togo

• Desertdawg

• jmartin

Ok, ok, just one more if you're a computer geek... Try this one: 1000101 for the Binary challenged. LOL!

Let the MVD figure it out! :thumbs

;)

How about "Flying Low"

f1yg1ow

flyn1ow

f1ny10w

Then you can tell the officer "I was not driving fast, I was just flying low".

Phil... :devil

or are you a NASCAR fan?

QUALFYN

1 LAP UP

WHYTFLG (this could also be mistaken for a french soldier!) :leaving

LEADLAP

a few of my faves that i didn't use when i bought my car....

UPNSMOK (as in tires)

TYRSMOK

LEDFOOT

BUZTOWR

FLYBY

WINGMAN (did i already say this one?)

BLAKWNG

RAPTOR

FLYNEGL (flyin' eagle)

TOMCAT

(see the theme here yet?)

HORNET

AFTRBRN

(Mark - what is the model jet engine that the F-16 uses) maybe that would look cool on a plate?

JETPOWR

ROKTMAN

how about looking up some of the jet squadron names?

TUCHNGO

JATO

Actually, we are moving into an airpark that backs to a taxi way. I will eventually restart my private pilot training. TUCHNGO would be pretty cool.

i added a bunch more this afternoon - give them a read

i also thought of this.....

CORONA

6PCK4ME

TMCLLNS

BUDWZER

SHTGLSS

2DRNK4U

WHSKEY1

JMBEAM

OLDNO47

RIPPLE

MGD 2GO

JGRMSTR

IFALLDN

I can't believe you'd try to get him to put those on his plate, Chris! :leaving

i added a bunch more this afternoon - give them a read

i also thought of this.....

CORONA

6PCK4ME

TMCLLNS

BUDWZER

SHTGLSS

2DRNK4U

WHSKEY1

JMBEAM

OLDNO47

RIPPLE

MGD 2GO

JGRMSTR

IFALLDN

I can't believe you'd try to get him to put those on his plate, Chris! :leaving

Why not just go with:

IMDUI

IMDRUNK

IMHMMRD

DRKNDRV

21BAC

?

:smilelol

All right, if you do the conversion of Binary 1000101 to Decimal it would equal "69". I know, it's a geek thing... :cone

When I had my Syclone I tried to get HEMIKLR but they turned it down. Thats where the GoNSyco came from. I guess I just got the Mopar guy at the MVD cuz I've seen a Supra (Guilly's purple one) with VIPRKLR.

When I had my Syclone I tried to get HEMIKLR but they turned it down. Thats where the GoNSyco came from. I guess I just got the Mopar guy at the MVD cuz I've seen a Supra (Guilly's purple one) with VIPRKLR.

there's a dodge dakota running around gilbert with the plate LTNGKLR

you can hear the supercharger whine at the slightest "blip" of the throttle.

Just try getting your refund if they deny your plate. It took me four months to get my measly $27 bucks back from those hacks.

BTW they denied PALE HOZ

Go White Sox!!!

Well here is mine BADZLT1.

Of course since you have a 427 I would sugest BADZ427 :D :D Later Chad

Many of us have had similar experiences with the MVD. They refused OVRKILL to me but after I bitched they finally approved OVERKLL go figure?? I'll see if I still have the Email thread, it was quite funny because they said the word KILL is why I was denied my original request. I too did a quick search for KILL and found tons in their database including KILLER!! I sent a whole slew of Emails and demanded an appeal process, finally they caved in. sort of.

Guest 1FASTC4
ITKIXAZ, AZKIKR, SWTAZC5 (Southwest Tanya's C5 or SWEET ASS C5!) 1PHATC5, PHATC5, PHATTY, lol and another one I can't remember and they denied them all. Then when I did a search I found

Hmmm they let mine go thru = 1FASTC4. the decision making seems arbitrary.

How about

FASTZ06

IWNTBYU

LEETZ06

FASTRNU

Z06ROXU

Z06BLUR

CMEGOBY (SEE ME GO BY)

Z06SPED

DONTTRY

URSLOW (HEHEHEH)

UR2SLOW

Z06PWR

SUKFUMZ

IMAHOMO

MVDRGAY

69URMOM

HADURGF

HADURMA

BCHSLPU

RU4REAL

L8RH8RZ

IMAPIMP

URAPAIN

URBHIND

URLOSIN

IMHAPPY

UEATASS (SORRY)

I have "2LUDE4U" On my previous car and will transfer the plates to my Vette. I was VERY surprised MVD alllowed this two years ago! :crazy

• 2 weeks later...
Still waiting for a plate or a letter... Our tax dollars at work.

If you had custom plates previously, I would call them to check the status. I moved 1 year ago and everything I have through MVD is the new address. Apparently, since my old address is the last place I ordered plates from they shipped my new one to the old address eventhough the Vette is registered here, my address is here and so is the wife's.

Only tie to the old address is that is where I lived when I got vanity plates for my Jeep. Luckily I know the folks who bought the old house and they siad they have been sitting around for a few weeks.

:bang

Still waiting for a plate or a letter... Our tax dollars at work.

If you had custom plates previously, I would call them to check the status. I moved 1 year ago and everything I have through MVD is the new address. Apparently, since my old address is the last place I ordered plates from they shipped my new one to the old address eventhough the Vette is registered here, my address is here and so is the wife's.

Only tie to the old address is that is where I lived when I got vanity plates for my Jeep. Luckily I know the folks who bought the old house and they siad they have been sitting around for a few weeks.

:bang

good advice - my turn now -

you can go to servicearizona.com and change all your addresses there - both mailing and residentisl (if you ahve different ones)

Well, I called them today. Apparently the committee has recommended it be denied. Now it is supposed to go to the director who will cover their ass and rubber stamp it denied. I could appeal it, but to hell with that.

So the hunt is back on. There were some great suggestions posted here. Thank you all for your help. There are several I like but still gotta kick it around.

Thanks all!

Hey Phil, looks like I'll need to change my forum alias again lol. :bang

Well, I called them today. Apparently the committee has recommended it be denied. Now it is supposed to go to the director who will cover their ass and rubber stamp it denied. I could appeal it, but to hell with that.

So the hunt is back on. There were some great suggestions posted here. Thank you all for your help. There are several I like but still gotta kick it around.

Thanks all!

i'm sure i can think of more - tell me about some of your interest

where you're from - crap like that!

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like they might have approved mine, 1BADC4. I just looked at the site and it looks like it has been assigned.

Looks like they might have approved mine, 1BADC4. I just looked at the site and it looks like it has been assigned.

I'm sure they will. Mine also shows assigned on their site, but it is still up to the director to make the final call.

I'm sure they will. Mine also shows assigned on their site, but it is still up to the director to make the final call.

I imagine they mark any of the offensive one's as taken just to avoid a weekly confrontation over the same plate. I know, I'm giving DMV way more credit than they deserve :lol:lol

Thanks all!

BLKBLUR

DARKNES

Z U L8R

B Z N YA

Z OH 6

SPEEDZ

DV8 ZO6

92ZR1Wannabe

Best plate I ever saw was in a Hot Rob Mag picture shoot, It was on the front end of a sick looking black Monte Carlo SS (80's version)

It simply read

"CopTzr"