NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Baby Needs New Shoes

sffiredude

Getting to the point when I can wait no longer and need new tires. Have a polished set of C6 takeoffs, 18" fronts and 19" rears. Have had plenty of suggestions to get away from run flats. Am leaing towards the new tread BFG G-Force. Any opinions or suggestions out there, here is your chance to chime in.

:thumbs

I am partial to the Michelin Pilot Sports. I'm on my second set and I wouldn't be w/o runflats. I wouldn't sacrifice the convenience of driving down to the local Discount Tire as opposed to having to pull off a tire, plug it and air it back up and then drive to the Discount Tire to have it patched on the inside too. I don't race mine on the track or strip so maybe I'm a little different than those that do. I would definitely say get rid of the Goodyears. Mine quieted done alot just switching to the Michelins.

woot.gif

Now that is some sweet pix!!!!!

Andrew

Looks like job security huh Andrew? :lol:lol

Mich Pilot Sports Zero Press. Handle great, much better than Goodyear run craps. they make good smoke also.

:clap Sweet pix Mark! :thumbs And I agree, EMT's are crap. But I stayed with Goodyear,... the non-runflat GS-D3, based mostly on the strong ratings at tirerack.com. I say do your homework, get the tire best suited to your needs. Maybe you could even arrange a few 'test rides' in some of your fellow ACE members' rides....you know, just to compare tires. :driving:

Okay, maybe a little :burnout too

:devil

The GoodYears are loud on the road!!!!!!!!!

WHAT??? :troll

:D Not these Goodyears: Linky

gy_eagle_f1_gsd3_ci1_l.jpg

But, like I said, do your own homework, pick what YOU like. Michelin, Pirelli, Toyo, Kumho, Nitto, etc...all offer good product. I like the "tread pattern" on these Goodyears, and they have the rim-guard thingy...my wife is great at finding the curbs with my chromies, plus they are quiet and stick like tires costing way more. Also just won some magazine tire test shoot-out, but I don't have that Linky... :leaving

:burnout