NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Firebird's last street drags

HOXXOH

Last night was the final street drags at Firebird. The place was packed by 7 PM and cars were still lined up at the entrance until nearly 10. A good portion of those were early arrivals for today's #5 and #6 Team Firebird events. At least 10 Vettes made passes, the quickest I saw was a C6 at 9.06. There was a C3 and a C5 that were trailered in and running high 9's and low 10's. A few were ACE members and one of those got a new PB into rollbar territory, even though the DA hovered in the 2500' range.

numbers man, we need numbers! I wanted to go but work called and then it was just to late! I'm gonna miss Firebird but I'm looking forward to seeing what Bondurant gets and does..

The latest news I have is that the tribe is going to be taking it over.

I really hope they do something with it to keep it active so people have an outlet for there need to play with all their toys.

numbers man, we need numbers!

I wanted to go but work called and then it was just to late!

I'm gonna miss Firebird but I'm looking forward to seeing what Bondurant gets and does..

Well!

The first run.

And I was the first one down the track…

I hooked real well, and trying not to get kicked out.

I let off early. No one was at the time slip booth = no time slip. :banghead

The second run.

I spun off the starting line all over the place..

And let off at the top end I ran a 12.22 @ 90 mph.

The 3rd run.

I hooked well.

Decided to barely let off at the top end.

I ran a 11.44 @ 119mph

I didn’t get booted. :partydance:

4th run

No traction.

11.65 @ 120.43 mph

Next 2 runs hit rev limiter both times :banghead

With a little driver mod

I think, it has a bit more in it

JLs Mistress

Way to go Bob :clap hope you didn't spill your coffee ? Sounds like you had a great day hope you are happy with the improvements . I guess you won't need the supercharger now right ??? That made you within .25 of Tom's best that day .........see you Tues.

Way to go Bob :clap hope you didn't spill your coffee ? Sounds like you had a great day hope you are happy with the improvements . I guess you won't need the supercharger now right ??? That made you within .25 of Tom's best that day .........see you Tues.

I didn’t spill a drop.. :facepalm:

I’m going to have to have the shift points changed to

Keep from hitting the rev limiter.

But, otherwise I’m happy for now. :3gears:

Tom, as usual did very well.

Now, all we need is a drag strip to play on.

See you Tuesday.

Nice numbers Bob, to bad you lifted!

Yep!

To bad. :facepalm:

Thank you, Dwayne

Also thanks to Top Gear

Sean and Mario for getting the car together.

And Nic D for tuning it, in time to let me run it.

With a little bit of practice and better d/a I think it’s good for low 11’s

And maybe high 10’s.

Depending on how serious I get. :3gears:

Didn't get to talk to you at the BBQ.... Soooooooo what else have you done to it?

Didn't get to talk to you at the BBQ.... Soooooooo what else have you done to it?

Just a small cam, Fast intake, ported heads and a under drive pulley with a C5r timing chain.

My crank pulley was starting to wobble and I decided to do the rest as long as I had to replace it.

Glad to hear it's coming together .... those guys at Top Gear are the bomb fer sure !!! look forward to seeing it run again soon !!!!

Just a small cam, Fast intake, ported heads and a under drive pulley with a C5r timing chain.

My crank pulley was starting to wobble and I decided to do the rest as long as I had to replace it.

Oh shit !!!!! I better start modding my car, as your times are too close for comfort !!!!! :rockon2:

Smokin's time, Bob :thumbs

Glad to hear it's coming together .... those guys at Top Gear are the bomb fer sure !!! look forward to seeing it run again soon !!!!

I agree!! :thumbs

They did a great job.

• 2 weeks later...
:o Rumor has it we could be hearing some news about the future of drags racing at Firebird in the next couple of days .... :o it may not be over gang ????? :rolleyes

Saw this information this morning .... thought is was a bit interesting .... a least helps understand what the hold up is on getting stuff done ..... :facepalm:

LINKY

• 2 weeks later...