NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

C5 Removing Body Side Moulding?

bj-99

Never done it but a heat gun and fishing line pulled behind it is the way I've heard to do it. Most say it's a very slow process and I'd be afraid of color fading on an older vehicle. It would suck to get them off and have a discolored stripe down both sides.

Any body have any experience? I'm going to talk to a body man. I'll bet my heat gun will remove them

Why take them off? I kinda like them and kinda wish I had them on mine.

I did mine. I wish I had fishing line to help.

Forget the heat gun. let it soak in the sun, then use Goo Off to "soak in" the stickey part. wait for 20 min then peal off.

the time consuming part is the small bits you have to remove by hand with a mild swril remover.

Forget the heat gun. let it soak in the sun, then use Goo Off to "soak in" the stickey part. wait for 20 min then peal off.

the time consuming part is the small bits you have to remove by hand with a mild swril remover.

Thanks for the advice guys. I like the "clean sides" look without them. I'll pick up some Goo Off & try a smal piece to check for color fade

Thanks for the advice guys. I like the "clean sides" look without them. I'll pick up some Goo Off & try a smal piece to check for color fade

Please post how it comes out as I have a black '02 and thinking about taking them off. You always want what you don't have, it is the American Way. :flag

Please post how it comes out as I have a black '02 and thinking about taking them off. You always want what you don't have, it is the American Way. :flag

sffiredude,

They came off just perfectly !!! Looks great. I have 3/4 of a bottle of adhesive remover left. If you want it cheap let me know. I used denatured alcohol & paper towels to remove the left over sticky stuff. worked better than the adhesive remover. Just be sure to use a lot of alcohol to keep from scratching,

Bigfoot, send me an email if you want to buy my side mouldings