NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Wtf Of The Day

Eddie44

On my way to work this morning I see a new blk Z06 coming up on my right. As the guy passes me I give him a wave and a thumbs up for his sweet ride. He gets by me and I notice it's got a paper temp plate on it. Then I notice right above the plate and right below the flags there is a oval "Chapman" sticker. Who pays a $20k premium (that's what Chapman wants) and lets them trash your almost $100k car with a dealer sticker. Sorry Tom, I know Mom works there but that is pure :bs

Guest SrbijaAZSale

If it was a gentleman in his late 40s with an 07 Z06 his name is Barry, and he will be joining the forum shortly ;) (one of my friends' father). He lives around 20th St/Greenway, hence why I assume it was him.

Alex

PS I made the same comment yesterday when he was over here (about the sticker)

If it was a gentleman in his late 40s with an 07 Z06 his name is Barry, and he will be joining the forum shortly ;) (one of my friends' father). He lives around 20th St/Greenway, hence why I assume it was him.

Alex

PS I made the same comment yesterday when he was over here (about the sticker)

Yup, probably the same guy cause he was s/b on the 51. I got off on Northern and he continues south. Tell him to get on the Forum. There's getting to be more and more of us here in the NE part of town. I'm at 30th St and T-Bird.

I would be FURIOUS if a dealer put a sticker on my new Z. I have purchased quite a few new cars over the years, and I always make them take the stickers off the car before I will take delivery. In fact, I'm not real pleased with the GM badges in front of the rear tires for the same reason. Contemplating taking them off. They belong on a mini van, not a Z.

My 2 cents.

Guest Sidewinder

Tell him we can get that sticker off for him. People don't realize they are FREE ADVERTISING for the friggin car dealer DUH!!!! :bang:bang

Guest XLR8TNC5

A hair dryer works perfectly to take those stickers off. And a little goof off or something along those lines. That is the FIRST thing Mark and I ALWAYS do after buying a ride! That and turn the license plate frame backwards if it is one that has the dealership name and shtuff on it.

A hair dryer works perfectly to take those stickers off. And a little goof off or something along those lines. That is the FIRST thing Mark and I ALWAYS do after buying a ride! That and turn the license plate frame backwards if it is one that has the dealership name and shtuff on it.

license plate frames i can deal with. because the dealer probably figures its only temporary before you buy one you want and replace it.

the actual stickers on the body of the car annoys the hell out of me and if mine had that on it when i bought it i would have demanding that they remove it before i drove it off the lot. Some of that adhesive is extremely sticky and taking it off can leave some nasty scratches!

the actual stickers on the body of the car annoys the hell out of me and if mine had that on it when i bought it i would have demanding that they remove it before i drove it off the lot. Some of that adhesive is extremely sticky and taking it off can leave some nasty scratches!

That is why I would rather remove it myself instead of the dealer. They don't care about your paint like we do!

No problem Eddie, no hard feelings.

BTW, the Black Z06 I was talking about was soldlast week and Chapman did have a premium on it and it was 10K, not a penny more.

For a C6 they do not charge a premium but with that Z06 I posted about a few weeks ago, that was a cancelled order and if you where to order a Z06 today the wait is almost 2 years out so they knew they could get somehing over. I was told they wanted 20k over but that's not what they did. I was also told that was negotiatable.

IMHO, Order the car and wait. Anyone that actually had a Z06 on order was on a wait list already, those people would not have had to pay anything either. They guy that bought it was not on a wait list.

I was also told just a few minutes ago that they are considering adding the 10k on Z06 orders too but they haven't yet.

A new C6, order, or... off the showroom floor will will not have a premium. Z06 orders might.

Anyway later,

At most auto body paint stores, they sell what is like a huge eraser gizmo, attached to a drill or ??

A quick rub with that, stickers, decals whatever are removed and will NOT harm the paint. Then just wax over the spot :thumbs (This is used solely for this purpose)

Talk to Scott at Can-Am Construtors (480/443.1707) he know what it would take to get them off. He works on nothing but fiberglass. He is the one that painted the flames on our hood. (Free hand!!!) He working on a lot of older (Pre 1965) Corvettes...

Andrew