NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Anybody in Phoenix do C6 rear gears?

Jon

Depending on where you are coming from and how far you want to drive but I would think Loud Pedal Motorsports could handle that.

Another vote for LPM. If you are on the westside, check the ace deals section from 1sikvette :partydance:

Are you just wanting to swap out the whole rear assembly or keep the housing and change the ring and pinion gears only? Also what ratio would you want?

Joe at CPR does excellent work

Very true, I couldn't be happier with his work.

Although LPM is a top notch place, too.

*edit* In fairness, I guess I'm not actually 100% sure that either shop does that work. Where I'm from many of the performance shops don't dig into certain drivetrain work much.

/disclaimer

Is that a pretty common mod? I know on all my Stangs I used to put either 3.73's or 4.10's...I was curious if the Vette crowd did this too...

Is that a pretty common mod? I know on all my Stangs I used to put either 3.73's or 4.10's...I was curious if the Vette crowd did this too...

I'll let others chime in but I don't believe it's nowhere near as prevalent as with the Mustangs.

Aidebote: I was always partial to 3.55s in my foxes but that was only because of the s/c'ers.

4.10 or 4.11. Whatever the ratio is they offer for the Corvettes. I want someone to put gears in my diff. I don't want to buy a complete center section. Gears make a huge difference. They aren't a good choice if you are going to do a lot of road course track days though. It makes the oil temps hotter, so you need a better cooler to compensate.

There are not many shops that have the required specialty tools to do late model corvette differentials as they are fairly expensive and unless they are doing tons of them, isnt worth the investment. We have had great luck with the RPM units as they have a fantastic track record and awesome customer service. I dont think it would be that much more money compared to having just the gears done since the labor will be less as its just a diff swap. Ill send you a PM with some pricing if thats something you might be interested in.

You guys deal much with DTE diffs? They are having a 13% tax time sale. That puts their diff at $1300 for a stage 1 or $1608 for a stage II.

http://www.performancebydte.com/c6-manual-street-series.asp

"Street Series"

C6 Manual Corvette IRS Street Differential

We offer these Street Series rear differential upgrade packages for those that want neck-snapping acceleration that only a performance gear change can deliver! Our "Street Series" lines of Corvette IRS Differentials are built for the Corvette enthusiast who wishes to have a professionally prepared, high performance street differential for their C6 Manual Corvette.

Unlike O.E. GM differentials that are limited to stock gear ratios and slapped together on a production line where assembly speed is more important than build quality... Each DTE Street Series Corvette IRS Differential is available in a wide selection of gear ratios to suit your specific application and each unit is entirely prepared, hand assembled, and blueprinted right here in the USA! Our in-house production capability enables us to maintain a very tight quality control process. That process guarantees outstanding build quality every time.

Application:

2006-2009 C6 Corvette

Manual transmission

Stage 1: Upgraded stock replacement

Stage 2: Upgraded street differential for mild bolt-on performance enhancements

Stage 1 "Street Series" Differential

Disassembly to bare case for component inspection

Power steam cleaning, hand washing, & bead blasting of all differential components to a like-new finish

Machining of specific components for improved fitment & functionality over stock

A choice of 3.42, 3.73, 3.90, & 4.10 ratios additionally prepared for performance applications

Cryogenically treated ring & pinion set

◦Increases gear set longevity, wear resistance, & promotes quiet operation

C6-Z06 left output shaft

C6-Z06 right output shaft

C6-Z06 heavy duty OEM pinion shaft support

New GM seals, O-rings, & gaskets

New Timken bearings & races where required

New GM sintered bronze clutch packs where required

Heavy duty cone springs

Two, 1-quart bottles of 75w/140 synthetic gear lubricant included

Differential exterior prepped for a factory appearance, color, & corrosion protection

Professional in-house machining, assembly, & blueprinting

Written 6 Month warranty*

Differential exchange or build your supplied core: $1495

In-house installation for manual transmission cars: $1945

Options:

DTE Differential Strut Kit: FREE shipping when purchased with a differential: $349

DTE Differential Strut Kit: In-house installation while upgrading rear differential: $250

Stage 2 "Street Series" Differential

Disassembly to bare case for component inspection

Power steam cleaning, hand washing, & bead blasting of all differential components to a like-new finish

Machining of specific components for improved fitment & functionality over stock

Proprietary oiling improvements

◦Extends bearing & clutch pack life through cooler operation

A choice of 3.42, 3.73, 3.90, & 4.10 ratios additionally prepared for performance applications

Cryogenically treated ring & pinion set

◦Increases gear set longevity, wear resistance, & promotes quiet operation

C6-Z06 left output shaft

C6-Z06 right output shaft

C6-Z06 heavy duty OEM pinion shaft support

New GM seals, O-rings, & gaskets

New Timken bearings & races

New HD 16-disc carbon clutch packs

◦Increased torque bias; withstands higher heat & torsional stress loads; longer lasting; won't contaminate differential oil as they wear

Heavy duty cone springs

Two, 1-quart bottles of 75w/140 synthetic gear lubricant included

Differential exterior prepped for a factory appearance, color, & corrosion protection

Professional in-house machining, assembly, & blueprinting

Written 6 Month warranty *

Differential exchange or build your supplied core: $1849

In-house installation for manual transmission cars: $2299

Options:

Shot peen & micro polishing of ring & pinion set: $260

DTE Differential Strut Kit: FREE shipping when purchased with a differential: $349

DTE Differential Strut Kit: In-house installation while upgrading rear differential: $250

Differential Shipping: FedEx fully insured ground shipping to lower 48 states: $115

Differential Core Charge: $1800

100% refundable when good, undamaged core is returned within 15 days of new differential delivery

Any good, complete, unbroken & assembled M6-manual differential core in working order may be used for trade-in.

*Whichever comes first. Warranty excludes racing application use, failure due to abusive wheel hop, low oil level, infrequent lube change intervals, differential selected that is under-rated for application, etc. See provided policies/warranties for complete details.

There are not many shops that have the required specialty tools to do late model corvette differentials as they are fairly expensive and unless they are doing tons of them, isnt worth the investment. We have had great luck with the RPM units as they have a fantastic track record and awesome customer service. I dont think it would be that much more money compared to having just the gears done since the labor will be less as its just a diff swap. Ill send you a PM with some pricing if thats something you might be interested in.

:agree RPM and DTE are the experts on the gear install, but the swap can be done locally. Maybe time to consider axles too.