NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

LS3 NX Moneymaker nitrous system

Jon

I wouldnt think a whole lot but Im not really fond of hidden kits unless your some underground street racer looking to make money. They tend to be harder to service and your not really going to find a place in a corvette to hide a bottle anyways lol.

A 2lb bottle would fit quite nicely in each cubby in the back of a C6. If one were hustling that is. My speaker box covers both of those cubbys.

I am with Steve on this one. If you remember back in the old LS1 days, we had that big assed EGR tube right behind the throttle body, and cutting it off did not give any appreciable increase in power. I am not sure if this is something that Dave and NX are working on together, or if they just decided to borrow both the concept and his trade name for the product. I have known Mike Wood and Fred Smith at NX for years, and they make good stuff and are good people, so there is likely an arrangement there. The only thing that sucks about these kinds of kits is jet changes can usually only be done with the manifold removed, and you can't purge it without giving it away, so you will likely want to use a progressive controller.

I ran a 150 shot through my LS1 without a purge and it wasn't a problem. Worst case you could try an purge below the car but people will still hear it. Or you can post it on a forum and we're all going to know how you magically got faster.

I'm on a diet, I'm going to be magically faster!!! How's that???? Can you purge it into the exhaust?

Nitrous Outlet is pissed at NX for stealing and releasing this. Nitrous Outlet is pissed at NX for stealing and releasing this.

I saw that. It will be interesting to see what becomes of this. I don't think there is any patent infringement, but showing everyone how it works and is installed will no doubt be something Nitrous Outlet can understandably be upset about. But even the name is the same, it is just so strange. I wonder if it was made with NX parts to start with? Guess we will just have to wait and see.