NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

92 Mitsubishi 3000GT

Quicksilver98

Quicksilver98

Anyone interested in a 92 Mitsubishi 3000GT "Machanics special" My daughter's ex-boyfriend talked her into getting rid of a nice 2004 Pontiac Grand Am that I bought her a year ago to get this hell on wheels! The body is in good shape with no dents or major scratches. Its an automatic with a little over 100k miles on it. Its red! We are probably going to trade it in just to get rid of it if she cant sell it. Previous owner(s) neglected some needed maintenance that the ex boyfriend was too stupid to notice. She was pissed at me at the time so didn't even consult with me. Live and learn I told her!

1. Window motor/regulators on both doors don't work.

2. Anti lock brake module has fuse removed so most likely does not work. (regular power brakes work fine)

3. Tires will need replaced soon.

4. CV joints/half shafts need rebuilt/replaced....the rubber boots are shot/gone.

5 My daughter says that it recently started having problems shifting into 3rd. (This turned out to be a non-issue...it was actually not shifting into over-drive because someone pushed the little button on shifter....lol)

Make an offer if interested.........Since I have to post a price. 2K or best offer.

I'll see if I can get her to send me some pictures so I can post em here.

Here we go again looking for another used car for her......fun wow! If anyone knows of one let me know!

Here are some photo's of actual car.

http://s950.beta.photobucket.com/user/cboutelle/library/3000GT

Trade that thing in or Carmax it. You are a VERY nice parent. I hope she realizes that. I would be all :facepalm: then :banghead then :facepalm: some more.

Quicksilver98

She's getting the payment book on the next one! Im done buying cars for the kids! She just got her tax money back so there's the down payment. This time I'm going with her to help pick it out though! I don't know what they were thinking when they picked a car 12 years older then what she had! Just plain stupid is all I can think! Just because it was shiny red and sporty.....thats all the boyfriend could see. She should have known better especially since he drove a beat up old mustang. Should have known he has no taste in cars! :facepalm:

I would suggest donating the car and then writing the high KBB off on your taxes And yeah.......we have to have a price on it

I would suggest donating the car and then writing the high KBB off on your taxes

And yeah.......we have to have a price on it

Found this out about car donations.

You are only able to get a tax credit for a donated vehicle after the vehicle is sold or auctioned off by the co you donated to.

You only get credit for what the car went for at the sale or auction.

Results are not immediate. could take a while for the car to sell.

Lets see some pics.

I have a friend with one he may need a parts car.

Parts for any Mitsubishi are generally very expensive sometimes hard to obtain.

Ask me how I know

• 1 month later...